Q1 2013 reporting version

7 posts, 1 answers
  1. Kassem
    Kassem avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    May 2013

    Posted 20 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    Hello there,

    I am new to this Telerik reporting thing and I am taking over someone who was a developer at my company.

    I was trying to install an old version of Telerik but the installer could not allow me, so i ended up installing the last version Q2 2013.

    However, my solution (asp.net solution was build in VS 2010 using frame work .net 3.5) and now when I go trhough the telerik upgrade wizard, it would not allow to update my references until I switch my .net solution to .net frame work 4.0. What should I do ? If i try that I get lots of warnings, should I ignore those warnings ?

    Thank you
  2. Kassem
    Kassem avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    May 2013

    Posted 20 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    So, I have managed to upgarde Telerik on my local to Q1 2013, and I have successuffly managed to run both crystal reports and telerik in the same project.

    Now, how would this work on the server ? The current Telerik deployed version on the server is Q3 2012 Version=6.2.12.1017......,and usually I only move my solution .dll file to the server and only changes I made to my .aspx pages.

    I tried to install Q1 2013 on the server but now I am getting errors when accessing the site. How do I resolve that ? I tried my best so far. Attached is my error.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Otto Neff
    Otto Neff avatar
    36 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2011

    Posted 21 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    Hi,

    make sure the DLL in your BIN Folder matches exactly the Version in your Web.config and are the newest

    see Attachments (you may use ILSpy to check the DLLs on Version)

    Best regards, Otto
  5. Kassem
    Kassem avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    May 2013

    Posted 21 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Otto,

    Thank you for your response,

    The thing is I dont have Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll in my bin, and my app is working fine localy. it is only when i move the solution.dll file into the server.

    I do have

     

    <

     

     

    add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=7.0.13.426, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" />

     

     in my config file though.
  6. Answer
    Otto Neff
    Otto Neff avatar
    36 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2011

    Posted 21 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    The Reporting DLLs need to be deployed to of course. Locally your VStudio Solution take em from the Program Folder of Telerik or out of the GAG. Make sure you adjust the "Copy Local" for the Reporting DLLs in the References of your Project to True... then deploy again.
  7. Kassem
    Kassem avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    May 2013

    Posted 21 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    I have managed to do it :) I moved all the required .Dll to my bin folder on the server.

    I had to manually chnage:

    <%

     

    @ Register Assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=7.0.13.426, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" Namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

     


    at the top of my pages that uses Telerik. I dont know why they were not updated with theUpgrade Wizard.

    Thank you so much :) you rock.
  8. Otto Neff
    Otto Neff avatar
    36 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2011

    Posted 21 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    Glad it helped you! Cheers.
Back to Top
DevCraft banner