This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2009 Editor messed up

7 Answers 155 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Divyesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Divyesh asked on 18 Mar 2009, 10:51 AM
Hi,

We are using external tool.xml file for the toolbars and buttons. After uprading to Q1 2009 the whole editor box is broken. It looks ok in FF3 but in IE7 the toolbar's icons broken into rows and editor's broke out to wide box and all messed up. I am not sure what do I do to fix it if someone can please help me out to fix this.

As I said earlier in gird thread if something has to change then should have changed with new mode or class but not existing mode/class/skin becuase now all my pages that uses grid, editor and datepicker are broken and I have to re-do all pages that uses them.

Thanks
Div

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 02:23 PM
try expanding ToolsWidth="#px"
Divyesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Lenny_shp,

thanks.
But that doesnt work either.

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 03:06 PM
We had the same problem. The latest Hotfix 318 solves this problem!

Regards Chris

Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 02:07 PM
I've tried Q1 2009 - 318 and I'm still havng serious problems with the editor disobeying the width of the containing block and spilling out to the right.

It worked perfectly in Q3 2008. I use several editors per page with a 'ShowOnFocus' toolbar to create a WYSIWYG web-page editor. For example, with the previous version, if the page being edited was a standard 3 column page, with fixed width columns, and I put an editor in any column, the content area of the editor used to adopt the width of that column, so the page still looked WYSIWYG.

In Q1 2009, the content area of the editor spills out of the column, without actually pushing out the width of the containing block, i.e. as if it is now using absolute CSS positioning, rather than static.

Is there any solution to this or are there any examples of how the editor might be used to create a WYSIWYG web-page editor with multiple editable text areas?
Divyesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 02:27 PM
Hi andy,

One more thing we found about that bug is, it splits that toolbar from the tool that contains list. As soon as it hits dropdown tool it break the toolbar into multi rows. e.g. Cut, Copy,Paste tools will appear in one row but as soon as it hits dropdown type tool e.g. Fontname (which is dropdown list of fontname) or undo the tool after that automatically drops to next row.

Just FYI, If that helps to fix the issue.

I gave up this time anyway, I might implement this new release in next release of our site may be in 3 months time from now, and hopfully all this bugs will be fixed by than.

Regards
Div
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2009, 03:06 PM
Hello Div,

It seems that the problem you are experiencing is caused in IE in quirks mode. In brief - elements that are originally inline, but are set to display: block and floated do not respect the width that is applied to them, but expand to 100% as is the case with RadEditor's buttons. Internally, this problem is already fixed and with the release of SP1 next week will not cause trouble anymore. In the meantime, you may use the following quick fix until SP1 is released:

.reSplitButton
{
    _display: inline !important;
    _width: 32px !important;
}

Kind regards,
Martin Ivanov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Didier
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Mar 2009, 02:49 AM

Hi,

Thanks for that. It solves the problem for IE 6.

Didier

Tags
Editor
Asked by
Divyesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
Divyesh