One scenario has been bugging me for sometime now. I am not sure if this has been answered.
- I generated protected assemblies using the instrcution in the online documentation and word file in the source code folder
- Everything went fine
- In App.xaml, I added a resource string <system:String x:Key="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Key">My Tool (version 1)</system:String>
- The value is same as that in the AssemblyProtection.cs
- I updated the refereces to point to the new dlls generated
- The program runs fine
- Now if I comment out the entire resource in App.xaml, it throws an error saying that it can only be used with My Tool (version 1)
- But if I remove the value from the resource or just type in any string instead of what is in the AssemblyProtection.cs, it does not complain.
Why is this? Shouldn't it throw an error when strings do not match?