We are not sure what the issue exactly is when creating custom Header/TitleTemplate.
If the desired behavior is to be able to pass different Header Text and Image Path to the Templates you can do the following:
- Create a class that will be used as a ViewMode for each RadPane's Template that contains properties for the Header Text and the Image Path
- Create a class that will be used as ViewModel for the RadDocking/RadPane and in it add instances for each RadPane's Template ViewMode
- Bind the DataContext of the RadPane to the main ViewModel that holds the Template ViewModel instances
- Bind the Header/Title to each instance of Template's ViewModel from the main ViewModel
- Finally simply add binds to the properties of the Template ViewModel in the custom DataTemplate
I created and attached a sample project for you that shows the described approach, hope this is helpful. It is worth mentioning that in MVVM oriented projects you can take advantage of our new PanesSource feature, more information about it can be found in our online documentation here
Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos
and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.