Problem with Upload and tabs
Thread is closed for posting
Posted 25 Aug 2010
Link to this post
Not sure how to describe this well, so I will just do my best.
I have an upload control (and ProgressArea and ProgressManager) in a Tab control, and that Tab Control is in a Window Control. I have the Submit/Upload button inside the Upload control as described in the Telerik documentation.
The first tab has the upload control. The other tab is a RadGridView which lists the uploaded files, and has a LinkButton which allows you to download the file. Pretty simple.
Here is the workflow that is causing me a problem.
1) End user selects a file and uploads it. The progress bar shows up, the file uploads. All is well.
2) Switch to the download tab, and the uploaded file appears in the list as it should.
3) End user clicks on View LinkButton and is Response.Redirect to an HttpHandler which downloads the file. All is well.
4) End user switches back to the first tab to upload another file.
5) End user selects a file.
HERE IS THE PROBLEM
6) When the submit/upload button is clicked, the file is uploaded, BUT:
a) The progress bar does not appear
b) The fie name does not get removed from the selection textbox
c) The View LinkButton (the one on the tab that's not even showing now) fires again, and attempts to re-download the file that was just downloaded
My gut feeling tells me that some kind of Ajax/Postback tom-foolery is going on here, but I'm lost as to what that might be? Any suggestions?