This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with selectable option

4 Answers 76 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jay asked on 07 Jan 2015, 01:17 PM
I'm encountering problems with the scheduler when using selectable true. When a cell is selected, the <div> containing the scheduler removes/hides other <div>, the "header" disappears. What could be the problem? Please see http://jsbin.com/yapacumabu/1/edit which is based on an official example (http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/scheduler/events). Thanks.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2015, 10:18 AM
Hi Jay,

I tried to reproduce the problem locally but to no avail – everything is working as expected on our side. Could you please provide screencast that demonstrates the exact steps needed in order to reproduce the issue as well as the exact browser and version that you are using? This would help us pinpoint the exact reason for this behavior.

Regards,
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jan 2015, 11:40 AM
Please find attached. My browser on the video is Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit) on Mac OS X 10.10.2. Issue also shows up on cordova webview on iOS 8.1.2. I'm using Kendo UI 1008 and 1119 builds. Thanks.
Accepted
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jan 2015, 08:51 AM
Hi Jay,

Thank you for the provided screencast.

I checked it and it appears that the current behavior is related to the focusing of the scheduler element which is required in order to enable the keyboard navigation. Please note that when given element is focused the browser automatically scrolls it into view (this behavior cannot be prevented) - e.g. scrolls the element top to the top of the page.

Regards,
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jan 2015, 12:33 AM
I see. Based on  your feedback, I implemented a workaround based on non-scrolling divs. Thanks! 
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1