Problem with RadTabStrip

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Gopinath
    Gopinath avatar
    63 posts

Posted 30 Sep 2011 Link to this post

Hai,

I have user control in which i have RadTabStrip with two tabs.

Under Each tab there is user control again. 

My concern is

when i load parent user control both the user controls are loading .

And both the user controls are having the grids
    When i click the refresh button of Grid then also both the user controls are loading

Below is my code

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="RCRAAIPermitBaseContent.ascx.cs" 
    Inherits="CGI.ESG.TEMPO.Web.ContentControls.SubjectItemDetails.RCRAAIPermitBaseContent" %>

<%@ Register Src="~/ContentControls/SubjectItemDetails/RCRAAIPermitBaseOpContent.ascx"
        TagPrefix="OperationDatesandWasteStreams" TagName="RCRAAIPermitBaseOpContentControl" %>

<%@ Register Src="~/ContentControls/SubjectItemDetails/RCRAAIPermitBasePerContent.ascx"
        TagPrefix="ExistingPermitsandComments" TagName="RCRAAIPermitBasePerContentControl" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="pnlTab" runat="server" Align="Left" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1"
        ReorderTabsOnSelect="true" SelectedIndex="0">
        <Tabs>
            <telerik:RadTab Text="Operation Dates and Waste Streams" runat="server">
            </telerik:RadTab>
            <telerik:RadTab Text="Existing Permits and Comments" runat="server">
            </telerik:RadTab>
        </Tabs>
    </telerik:RadTabStrip>

<telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0">

<telerik:RadPageView ID="OperationDatesandWasteStreamsPage" runat="server">
             <OperationDatesandWasteStreams:RCRAAIPermitBaseOpContentControl ID="RCRAAIPermitBaseOpContentControl"
                runat="server" />        
        </telerik:RadPageView>

<telerik:RadPageView ID="ExistingPermitsandCommentsPage" runat="server">
           <ExistingPermitsandComments:RCRAAIPermitBasePerContentControl ID="RCRAAIPermitBasePerContentControl"
                runat="server" />       
        </telerik:RadPageView>

</telerik:RadMultiPage>

Please help to resolve the issue.
  2. Helen
    Admin
    Helen avatar
    1052 posts

Hi Gopinath,

Did you try to set the RenderSelectedPageOnly property of RadMultiPage?

Kind regards,
    Helen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Gopinath
    Gopinath avatar
    63 posts

I have a radgrid on a multipage in a Intrasite module. The OnNeedDataSource doesn't seem to fire when the multipage shows the pageview with the datagrid. But if i click the Grid tab again after clicking first the OnNeedDataSource  firing.

Please help me 

Thanks
    Gopinath

5. Dimitar Terziev
    Admin
    Dimitar Terziev avatar
    1266 posts

Posted 03 Oct 2011 Link to this post

Hi Gopinath,

You should either use the suggestion my colleague has proposed or find the client-side object of the RadGrid and call its rebind() method. This operation should be performed in the OnClientTabSelected event handler function.

Regards,
    Dimitar Terziev
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
  6. Gopinath
    Gopinath avatar
    63 posts

Posted 03 Oct 2011 Link to this post

Hai Dimitar Terziev 

I am setting RenderSelectedPageOnly to true . But even then it is not working

The Grid is placed in the second tab which is not a selected page initially.
  7. Gopinath
    Gopinath avatar
    63 posts

Posted 04 Oct 2011 Link to this post

how to call the rebind() method  in  OnClientTabSelected event handler

8. Princy
    Princy avatar
    17421 posts

Posted 04 Oct 2011 Link to this post

Hello Gopinath,

Try the following JS to call AjaxRequest and Rebind the Grid from Serverside.
    JS:
    function OnclientTabSelected(sender,args)
    {
    .  .  .  .
    $find("<%= RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(Page).ClientID %>").ajaxRequest();
    }
    C#:
    In server side RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest event handler:
    protected void RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs e)
    {
     RadGrid1.Rebind();//you can rebind your grid here
    }

Thanks,
    Princy.
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017