Possible Bug in Telerik.Windows.Controls.FrameworkElementExtensions

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rashad Rivera
    Rashad Rivera avatar
    63 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2009

    Posted 09 Oct 2009 Link to this post

    Hello All,

        This is an indirect bug that may not show up on the first time.  Basically, I have traced a "Dispatcher.VerifyAccess" violation to the FrameworkElementExtensions class.  This issue came about while my code was updating an ObservableCollection that the RadGridView.ItemsSource was bound to.  Since I can't intercept the update to the RadGridView, the "Dispatcher.CheckAccess()" would have to happen in the Telerik code.  So, either this check happens in the FrameworkElementExtensions class, or somewhere in the RadGridView class, say in the GridViewDataControl.OnCollectionViewCollectionChanged() method.

    - Rashad Rivera
      omegusprime.com

  2. Stefan Dobrev
    Admin
    Stefan Dobrev avatar
    790 posts

    Posted 09 Oct 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Rashad,

    Can you send us a sample project that illustrates this bug? It will help us resolve this issues faster.

    Sincerely yours,
    Stefan Dobrev
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Rashad Rivera
    Rashad Rivera avatar
    63 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2009

    Posted 09 Oct 2009 Link to this post

    Stefan,
     
        My appologies.  After looking more closely, I realize the bug was in my code.  I have an asynchronous process that updates an ObservableCollection<T>.  I bound my RadDataView.ItemsSource to this property and then the access violation happend.  I should have checked access at the start.  =P  I realized the issue when I started to condence my code into the sample you where requesting.  

    - Rashad Rivera
Back to Top