This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Permission for Deleting change after update to 2016.3.1018 ?

1 Answer 110 Views
FileExplorer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jimmy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jimmy asked on 25 Oct 2016, 06:24 PM

Hi,
Did you have made some change on Permission for deletion with the last update (2016.3.1018)?

After update, Permission for Deletion not works like before update.
I set permission with a customprovider (permission is ok on GetPermissions return after update too))
Windows Security are ok too.

The button changes to enable just if Parent Folder have access on Deletion and not take care about the permission of file.

Thank you for your help.

and does not take

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 27 Oct 2016, 01:36 PM
Hi Jimmy,

I have just answered your support ticket on the matter, for convenience I will paste my answer here as well:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Indeed we have applied a permissions-related fix  related to the upload permissions of a folder used for enabling/disabling the upload button, which seems to be bringing the currently reported Delete button bug. I have logged the item into our backlog with the highest priority so our developer will look at it as soon as possible. You can track its progress here:
https://feedback.telerik.com/Project/108/Feedback/Details/204537

Meanwhile, you can workaround this bug by adding the following logic to your FileExplorer:
<telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="RadFileExplorer1" runat="server" OnClientLoad="explorerLoad">
    <Configuration  ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" UploadPaths="~/Images" />
</telerik:RadFileExplorer>
<script>
    function explorerLoad(fileExplorer, args) {
        fileExplorer._fileList.add_itemSelect(Function.createDelegate(fileExplorer, function (fileList, args) {
            fileExplorer._updateToolbar(null, null, args.get_item().get_permissions());
            fileExplorer.raise_itemSelected(args.get_item());
        }));
    }
</script>

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik by Progress
Check out the new UI for ASP.NET Core, the most complete UI suite for ASP.NET Core development on the market, with 60+ tried-and-tested widgets, based on Kendo UI.
Tags
FileExplorer
Asked by
Jimmy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vessy
Telerik team
Share this question
or