This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Performance Chart in VS 2010

3 Answers 30 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eli asked on 04 Sep 2013, 05:46 AM
Hi everyone.

I have a proyect of asp net  with more than 8 radchart on vs 2010..but i noticed than the performance is too slow..the vs use 25% of cpu...and change view between source code and view design is too slow on visual studio 2010, the performance is bad now on vs..how i can  do?. 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Sep 2013, 07:06 AM
Hello Eli,

We are unsure why this happens because we do not know how you have set up the charts - manually populating items, bound mode (to a collection) or a sql data source. Any way, since you are new to our controls, I would like to suggest that you use the new RadHtmlChart instead of the old RadChart.

Regards,
Petar Marchev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Eli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Sep 2013, 01:48 AM
Hi..i bound it manualy..but firsth i create series manually and by code i fill it..i have around 12 charts in my page..the change of html code to design mode take a long time..i see that the charts try to update to generate the preview into vs..but take a long time and resource of memory and cpu...can i disable this update of chat into vs?..
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2013, 08:51 AM
Hi Eli,

I am not aware of a feature in VS to disable the design time for only some controls (RadChart in this case). There is not much that we can do here as this is VS job and if there are 12 charts on the page - there are 12 images being rendered and updated whenever the VS designer decides.

I can suggest that you do not declare the charts in html but create all charts in code behind. This should solve this design-time issue.

Regards,
Petar Marchev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Eli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
Eli
Top achievements
Rank 1