This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OverflowBehaviour "Expand" broken in latest hotfix (2013.1.403.45 )?

6 Answers 71 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sam asked on 06 Apr 2013, 02:38 AM
Hi guys,

We are using a RadScheduler in day-view mode and have it grouped by resource. Our setup is basically the same as your demo page (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/resourcegrouping/defaultcs.aspx with the 'Day' view selected).

Yesterday we switched to the latest Telerik.Web.Ui.dll and Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assemblies released in your latest hotfix, i.e. version 2013.1.403.45.

We use OverflowBehavior="Expand" on the scheduler and have noticed that this now seems to be broken (at least from our perspective) when using the new assemblies. When we switch back to the old assemblies (2013.1.220.45) it works as expected.

Reproduction steps:
* Using the new assemblies, place the following RadScheduler on a basic page with the usual RadScriptManager (note this is using one of your demo "Teacher/Classes" databases). Note the OverflowBehavior="Expand" value.

<a:MvcRadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server" OverflowBehavior="Expand" GroupBy="Teacher">
        <webservicesettings path="~/SchedulerService" resourcepopulationmode="ServerSide" usehttpget="False"></webservicesettings>
        <resourcetypes>
            <telerik:ResourceType Name="Teacher" AllowMultipleValues="true" />
        </resourcetypes>
        <timelineview userselectable="false" />
        <monthview userselectable="false" />
        <dayview userselectable="false" headerdateformat="dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy" />
        <weekview userselectable="false" />
        <timeslotcontextmenusettings enabledefault="False" />
        <appointmentcontextmenusettings enabledefault="False" />
    </a:MvcRadScheduler>

* Navigate to the page and try to 'show 24 hrs'.

Expected result: The scheduler should expand vertically and NO scroll bars should be visible.
Actual result: The scheduler adds scroll bars and does not expand vertically. For us, the scroll bars also cause a reduction in width of the main content table in the scheduler, but NO reduction in width of the header cells, so the header cells no longer line up with the table cells.

The result is as-expected if the above steps are followed using the older assemblies (2013.1.220.45). The problems only seem to be happening with the new assemblies.

Is this indeed a bug? If it is not a bug, could you kindly inform us how we can achieve the "expand" behavior with the new assemblies?

For now we will have to keep working with the old assemblies because we would prefer to have the "expand" behavior.

Cheers,
Sam

P.S. I don't know if it's related, but if you select OverflowBehavior="Expand" on your demo page...
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/customization/defaultcs.aspx
...and then try to do a 'show 24hrs' on the scheduler on that page, it doesn't have any affect (i.e. no scroll bars, no vertical expansion).

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 08 Apr 2013, 08:34 AM
Hi Sam,

The observed behavior is indeed a bug that was introduced in the previous latest version. The bug has been fixed and will be available in this week's internal build.

As for the demo, it does seem that it's not working properly and we will look into it.

All the best,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2013, 05:13 PM
Hi guys,

We're still seeing the same issue in your latest build (2013.1.417.45). This is confusing us a little because you mentioned that it has been fixed. Can you confirm that you are also able to reproduce this problem on your end and possibly indicate when we can expect this to be corrected?

Cheers,
Sam
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2013, 07:14 AM
Hello Sam,

Please excuse us for the misunderstanding.

Due to some MSOCAF validation issues, we had to postpone our latest internal build for next week, and release a special ServicePack ( the 2013.1.417 version of the controls), which contains only fixes related to the MSOCAF validation. The fix for RadScheduler will be available in next week's internal build and the next official version of the controls.

All the best,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Apr 2013, 08:13 AM
Hi Bozhidar,

Ok, many thanks for the clarification :).

Cheers,
Sam
Lennart
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Jun 2013, 12:57 PM
it is now june 7th and I am still experiencing this issue with the scheduler, you had told this other user that there would be a fix provided, and the only release so far is a beta since the version i have.

will there be a fix released soon for this as my client is now become so irritated by this bug and that i cannot do anything about it, that i get almost daily emails asking about it.
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jun 2013, 01:47 PM
Hi Lennart,

They seem to have fixed it in the Q2 2013 Beta version of the RadControls (from 22nd May as I understand it). The issue is noted as fixed here:

http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/whats-new/release-history/q2-2013-beta-version-2013-2-522.aspx#Scheduler

I haven't yet used the beta, so I can't verify the fix, but maybe you can download it and have a try.

Cheers,
Sam
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Sam