OnButtonClick not executing after upgrade to 2008.3.1314

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Iggy
    Iggy avatar
    40 posts

Posted 27 Jan 2009 Link to this post

We just upgraded from 2008.2.1001 to the latest 2008.3.1314 and now the callback stopped working on the Toolbar.  
    I previously had a few buttons on the toolbar that had Postback="False" and one button that postback was working on. 
    I tried setting AutoPostback="true" on the toolbar and removing all of the Postback="false" settings on each button but it still doesn't work.  I even removed the ajax manager that was hooked up to it and it still doesn't postback to the server.
    The OnClientButtonClicked event is still working.

2. Iggy
    Iggy avatar
    40 posts

Posted 28 Jan 2009 Link to this post

Has anyone else run into this issue?  I guess I could create a workaround by having it execute a ClientOnClick event and then catching that button and manually executing an AJAX request, although I would rather have the control work as it did in the past.  Not sure if/why the functionality to have a button postback to the server would be removed but it sure is a pain in the butt.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Yana
    Yana avatar
    4547 posts

Posted 29 Jan 2009 Link to this post

Hello Iggy,

There really were some issues concerning RadToolBar's onButtonClick event which are fixed already. Please download tomorrow the latest internal build form your client.net account and give it a try.

the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. Iggy
    Iggy avatar
    40 posts

Posted 20 Feb 2009 Link to this post

After running into this issue more I found out what the problem was.  For some reason when you set the CssClass property on a RadToolBarButton control, the postback stops working.  I haven't messed around with it more to see if it affects postbacks from other buttons on the same toolbar or not but just thought I would let people know what causes the issue.