This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office 2007 skins for buttons not consistent in safari

3 Answers 23 Views
SkinManager
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Theo Zavitsanos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Theo Zavitsanos asked on 04 Oct 2011, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I am a licensed user for Telerik Asp Ajax Radcontrols. I have used Telerik Office 2007 theme in my application. Initially in the page load i have a button in disabled state. After the user enters some data in the page from server side i am enabling the button. Things were completely fine in IE and firefox browsers. (ie, u can clearly visualize and differentiate a disabled and enabled button by looking at it). But in Safari 5.0, the themes dont get changed as soon as you enable that button. (I mean, i could click the button and the functionality works, but i am not able to see any visual changes compared to the disabled mode). I have attached the disabled mode appearance and enabled mode appearance (file enabled.png). You can observe the theme of both. And also once reload the entire page the enabled mode styles are getting applied. (file enabled1.png)

I could not post any code or detailed snaps. But i think the data i provided should be fine. Kindly help, as it is a critical requirement in end user's perspective.

Regards,
Saravanan K

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Theo,

I tried to reproduce the described issue, but to no avail. You can find attached a sample project, used for testing the problem. Please compare it with your actual project and check if there are differences or if I have missed something in the setup. The following screen capture demonstrates the behavior, encountered on my end: http://screencast.com/t/b6NUOFA10g.

Note that at the current state of affairs I am mostly guessing as to what your setup is. If you are still experiencing difficulties please try modifying the attached project in order to recreate the same scenario. In case the latter is not an option, you can also prepare and send a sample, runnable project that displays your issue so that we can examine it locally and suggest a solution.

Best wishes,
Slav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Theo Zavitsanos
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Oct 2011, 05:21 AM
Hi Slav,

Thanks for your help. We have found out the solution and thought of posting this for the benefit of larger crowd. The issue we faced was observed when we disable the asp.net buttons using javascript code.

Earlier we just used the simple javascript like,
element.disabled = true;

This has actually disabled the button from getting clicked but has no effect on the Telerik theme (in Safari)

Now in addtion to that we are using telerik provided method,
Telerik.Web.UI.RadFormDecorator.set_enabled(element, false);

Now the styles of the disabled button are getting applied in Safari as well.

Regards,
Theo
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2011, 11:02 AM
Hi Theo,

Indeed, if you want to disable on the client buttons, modified with the RadFormDecorator control, you should use the method Telerik.Web.UI.RadFormDecorator.set_enabled(buttonElement, false) in order to achieve a similar effect under all of the supported browsers.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="Scriptmanager1" runat="server" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function pageLoad() {
            var button = $get("<%=Button1.ClientID  %>");
            Telerik.Web.UI.RadFormDecorator.set_enabled(button, false);

}
    </script>
    <div>
        <telerik:RadFormDecorator runat="server" Skin="Forest" ID="RadFormDecorator1" />
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" Text="text" runat="server" />
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Best wishes,
Slav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
SkinManager
Asked by
Theo Zavitsanos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Slav
Telerik team
Theo Zavitsanos
Top achievements
Rank 1