This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

multiple file uploads

3 Answers 67 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
mww
Top achievements
Rank 1
mww asked on 23 Mar 2009, 11:40 AM
My client wants to be able to upload a series of flash files to display on their website.  The files consist of the main .swf file, an xml file and a series of iamages that the flash file displays.  Is it possible to automate the upload process when the user picks the .swf file ?

eg  if the client uploads  flash1.swf, can I automatically upload flash1.xml, flash1_1.jpg, flash1_2.jpg, flash1_3.jpg

all these files are needed in order to disply the flash images and I dont want the client to have to worry about uploading them as well.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2009, 02:19 PM
Hello mww,

Unfortunately, RadUpload cannot select multiple files in one file select box. This is a limitation of the standard <input type=file> elements that RadUpload  uses for file selection. Currently, there are no plans for changing this restriction. However, your client can try to upload all the required files as a zip files and then automatically extract them on the server.

For reference you can check this code-library: How to upload multiple files using RadUpload (uploading .zip file and extract it on the server)

Greetings,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Michel Bakker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2009, 08:48 AM
GMail has a nice feature which uses a flash object to perform this action. At first it seems to be only HTML, but a closer look shows it flash.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2009, 03:06 PM

Hi Fred Balker,

Indeed, GMail is using Flash in order to upload files. We are preparing similar demo using Silverlight instead of Flash. I will post a link to it as soon as it's ready.

Kind regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
mww
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
Michel Bakker
Top achievements
Rank 1