multiple file uploads

Thread is closed for posting
4 posts, 0 answers
  1. mww
    mww avatar
    257 posts

Posted 23 Mar 2009 Link to this post

My client wants to be able to upload a series of flash files to display on their website.  The files consist of the main .swf file, an xml file and a series of iamages that the flash file displays.  Is it possible to automate the upload process when the user picks the .swf file ?

eg  if the client uploads  flash1.swf, can I automatically upload flash1.xml, flash1_1.jpg, flash1_2.jpg, flash1_3.jpg

all these files are needed in order to disply the flash images and I dont want the client to have to worry about uploading them as well.
  2. Genady Sergeev
    Admin
    Genady Sergeev avatar
    1596 posts

Posted 23 Mar 2009 Link to this post

Hello mww,

Unfortunately, RadUpload cannot select multiple files in one file select box. This is a limitation of the standard <input type=file> elements that RadUpload  uses for file selection. Currently, there are no plans for changing this restriction. However, your client can try to upload all the required files as a zip files and then automatically extract them on the server.

For reference you can check this code-library: How to upload multiple files using RadUpload (uploading .zip file and extract it on the server)

Greetings,
    Genady Sergeev
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Michel Bakker
    Michel Bakker avatar
    4 posts

Posted 30 Mar 2009 Link to this post

GMail has a nice feature which uses a flash object to perform this action. At first it seems to be only HTML, but a closer look shows it flash.
  5. Genady Sergeev
    Admin
    Genady Sergeev avatar
    1596 posts

Posted 30 Mar 2009 Link to this post

Hi Fred Balker,

Indeed, GMail is using Flash in order to upload files. We are preparing similar demo using Silverlight instead of Flash. I will post a link to it as soon as it's ready.

Kind regards,
    Genady Sergeev
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.