This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Multi-Select ComboBox Column

10 Answers 623 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian Pratt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian Pratt asked on 19 May 2011, 08:53 PM
I have tables:   Output <---> ZoneOutputs <---> Zone

The grid display Outputs.  I'd like to add a column that allows me to select multiple zones from a combobox (or popup editor).  Is there a built in way to do it, and if not is there a semi easy way.  Just the display part... I think I can do the behind the scenes part of taking the checked items and turning them into ZoneOutputs (I'll probably handle it in the ViewModel as the properties change).

Image Example

Thanks,
Brian

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2011, 09:54 AM
Hi Brian,

RadComboBox does not support multiple selection. This feature is in our plans, but I am afraid it is still far from completion. We have a sample, that demonstrates how to create UI, very similar to your screenshot, please find it attached.

Regards,
Yana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Imran Javed Zia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2012, 10:13 AM
Hi,
Althought it is a good sample but it will be very difficult to handle when you have half dozen of multiselect combobox. so can you help to simplifiy the flow when there as many multi-select combobox. furthermore, if this functionality has been provided out of box or not yet?
Thanks 
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2012, 01:49 PM
Hi Imran,

Multiselection is not provided out of the box in RadComboBox and I am afraid that we cannot suggest a simpler solution at the moment.

Kind regards,
Yana
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Bill Anderson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2012, 09:06 PM
Seems strange that Telerik's controls do not support this or even point to a template sample that can provide this.

Is it that difficult?  

Does any else in the community need this?

This is a requirement for my project, and as telerik is our "go to first " control set, I'd like to know what i'm in for. :)

And for serious, love your controls and keep up the good work!!!! 

Thanks!
Bill

Yana
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2012, 12:01 PM
Hi Bill,

Have you checked the project attached to the post from May 20? It demonstrates how you could create the template with checkbox and implement multi-selection in RadComboBox.

Regards,
Yana
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the example. It works well.
Pankaj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2012, 05:58 AM
Hi

I am looking for Multi Select ComboBox Column. Can i use the attached example(May 20th) Example with different Dropdowns. My Dropdown values are coming from different Enum Tables. Can i create a genertic multi value drop down control using this.

Help is appreciated

Thanks
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2012, 08:44 AM
Hi Pankaj,

We're not aware of a way to use the ComboBox in such a scenario.  The example was created simply to demonstrate how you could implement multiple selection in ComboBox and it expects that the data type is not changed.

Greetings,
Yana
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Pankaj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jan 2013, 09:40 PM
were you able to find solution for your issue. I also need to have multiple multi select dropdowns in my user control and all the dropdrown values are coming from different data sources? We are using MVVM .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Oct 2013, 12:05 PM
If the text that reflects the selection is visible until you hit enter, make sure SelectedIndex="0" is there.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Brian Pratt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Imran Javed Zia
Top achievements
Rank 1