Missing Telerik Menu from Visual Studio 2013

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. gc_0620
    gc_0620 avatar
    227 posts

Posted 21 Dec 2016 Link to this post

Hi all,

After downloading UI for ASP.Net Ajax R3 2016, Telerik Menu disappeared from VS 2013. Only JustCode is showing. Refer to attach.

However Telerik Controls are showing up under VS Tool Boxes.

I need the Telerik Upgrade wizard in VS Menu to upgrade my existing Projects/Reports with Latest Telerik Versions. I am stuck now.

Any Suggestions/Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

gc_0620

2. Nikolay Mishev
    Admin
    Nikolay Mishev avatar
    12 posts

Posted 22 Dec 2016 Link to this post

Hi Ghulam,

Thank you for contacting us.

I can suggest you to run devenv /setup command in developer command prompt under administrative rights, this will force Visual Studio to merge the resource metadata that describes menus, toolbars, and command groups, from all available VS Extensions, as described here.

If this doesn't help please reinstall the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions.

To uninstall the extensions follow these steps:
    1. In Visual Studio menu open Tools -> Extensions and Updates...
    2. Find "Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions" entry in the list of installed extensions
    3. Click the Uninstall button, complete the uninstall operation and restart Visual Studio when prompted.
    To install the latest extensions follow these steps:
    1. Open the Extensions and Updates... tool again.
    2. Go to Online -> Visual Studio Gallery section in the options to the left.
    3. Search for "Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions" in the Search Visual Studio Gallery box to the right.
    4. In the results list click the Download button, complete the installation and restart Visual Studio when prompted.

If after that the problem still exists please send us the VsixInstaller log that can be found in C:\Users\username>\AppData\Local\Temp, search for VsixInstaller in the search box and the latest file should be the right one to send to us.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
    Nikolay Mishev
    Telerik by Progress
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. gc_0620
    gc_0620 avatar
    227 posts

Posted 06 Jan in reply to Nikolay Mishev Link to this post

Sorry Nikolay,

Problem Still Exists. I did uninstall and reinstall Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions based on your suggestions but still no luck. Refer to attach TelerikMenuMissing-In-VS2013.png file. VS 2013 is keep telling me Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions is disabled.

I completely uninstall the VS 2013 and All Telerik Controls from my PC and Later reinstall them 1 by 1. Spent about 2 days; still no luck.

As you can notice I am running VS 2013 as an Administrator in my local Machine.

Attach I am sending latest VsixInstaller log file. Also I noticed each time I open my project, Telerik Report Upgrade Wizard comes up.  Very Strange.

Please help. Thanks

4. Nikolay Mishev
    Admin
    Nikolay Mishev avatar
    12 posts

Posted 11 Jan Link to this post

Hello Ghulam,

It could be some kind of MEF cache corruption. Here is a thread describing similar issue with Web Essential VS extensions: LINK

In this thread they recommend a third-party VS extensions, which clears the MEF cache but you could manually achieve the same result (no need to install the other VS extensions) by just deleting the following directory:
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache

After you have deleted the MEF cache directory, restart Visual Studio and check if the problem is fixed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
    Nikolay Mishev
    Telerik by Progress
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.