Merge Cells

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Tushar Gupta
    Tushar Gupta avatar
    4 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 Link to this post

Sorry for posting this question in here, I cant find way to delete this post and move it under RadGridView, Admin could you please do that.

We are in process of building an application that has Design surface and the requirement is to insert a Table on the surface by specifying number of Columns and Rows and then drag and drop controls in the cell. We also need a functionality where user can select multiple cell and then hit a button to merge the cells. I am planning to use RadGridView for this, so my question is , is RadGridView the right choice and can we acheive above functionality by using this or you can recommand some other control.
  2. Milan
    Milan avatar
    1989 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 Link to this post

Hi Tushar Gupta,

RadGridView does not support cell merging functionality and we do not have plans to introduce such feature in the near future. This feature is usually supported by spreadsheets controls that mimic the behavior of Excel. 

Best wishes,
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. DevCraft banner