Language problem

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Araz
    Araz avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2009

    Posted 23 Feb 2009 Link to this post


    I was wondering if anybody has experience the following problem or something similar:
    I running a moss2007 with “Danish language” and the full-featured RadEditorSharePoint, I wanted to have Danish language in the RadEditor so I translated the App_GlobalResources files and copied them to “…
    wss\VirtualDirectories\80\App_GlobalResources”. Then I added “<property name="Language">da-DK</property>” in to my ConfigFile.xml and the ListConfigFile.xml in “…Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\\Resources”.

    Now the RadEditor field control shows the correct Danish language translations, but when I add a RadEditor Web Part it only translates some of the controls to Danish and the rest is in English.

    I also tried to change the language to German and French with the same result.

    Any ideas what is wrong.

  2. Stanimir
    Stanimir avatar
    1653 posts

    Posted 25 Feb 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Araz,

    Please provide us with some additional information. A list with controls that are not translated to Danish will be of great help for us.

    Thank you.

    Best wishes,
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.

  3. Araz
    Araz avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2009

    Posted 10 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    Sorry for the slow response time,

    I can’t explain where the problem occurs but either sharepoint or radeditor changes the default language when you use the radeditor like a webpart, if you say in the ConfigFile.xml and the ListConfigFile.xml that it should use another language but it ignores that and uses the defaults language files and only when in webpart.

    I found a workaround for this problem, I deleted all orthers language files than the default ones that radeditor uses and overwrite the files like RadEditor.Main to the languages you need in the App_GlobalResources folder under “c:\…wss\VirtualDirectories\80\”. It is not pretty but it worked for me,

Back to Top