Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
We need your feedback, because we are considering changes in the release approach for Kendo UI for jQuery. Please provide your feedback in the comments section below:

1. Is it hard to understand the version numbers of our releases? If yes, what makes them hard to understand them?

2. Would semantic versioning (SemVer) of our releases make it easier to understand our version numbers and what's behind them?

3. If we go with SemVer, we might need to start with version 3000.0.0 as we currently use 2022.x.x. Please share your thoughts about this approach and ideas for what number versioning would work best for you.

Jack
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 23 Jun 2023
0 answers
1 view
We need to display different properties per node in an orgchart or diagram. How can we accomplish this with different datasource schema's and templates?
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Apr 2024
0 answers
1 view

How do I bind a listbox datasource to one specific collection returned by a new window.kendo.data.DataSource({ ?

The datasource returns json with two collections like below, and I want to bind to one of the collections

{
"collection1": [
{
"id": "1",
"name": "ABC"
},
{
"id": "2",
"name": "DEF"
}
],
"collection2": [
{
"id": "1",
"name": "HIJ"
},
{
"id": "2",
"name": "KLM"
}
]
}

Morten
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 18 Apr 2024
2 answers

Hello

Is there a way to have the listbox alternate row colors?  An type of slight row shading would work. 

Thank you

Jeff

Morten
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 18 Apr 2024
0 answers

let me explain what issue i am facing , i have two cloumns in kendogrid one is dropdown and other is simple textbox

let say dropodown column has (emailadress, website dropdown) now i want to match the exact expression of mail to the other column

if it matches then save the record if not matches than show the toolptip and prevent for saving changes

this is the code

save: function(e) {
                                    // Get the data item being saved
                                    var dataItem = e.model;

// Access properties of the data item and perform actions accordingly
                                    var addressType = dataItem.intInternetAddressTypeID;
                                    var inputField = dataItem.strInternetAddress;

// Perform validation or other actions based on the properties
                                    if (addressType === "2") {
                                        // Email validation for input field
                                        var emailRegex = /^[^\s@@]+@@[^\s@@]+\.[^\s@@]+$/;
                                        if (!emailRegex.test(inputField)) {
                                            // Set validation message on the corresponding cell
                                            e.container.find("[name=strInternetAddress]").closest("td").attr("data-strInternetAddress-msg", "Invalid email address format");
                                            e.preventDefault(); // Prevent saving the record
                                        }
                                    } else if (addressType === "10") {
                                        // Phone number validation for input field
                                        var phoneRegex = /^[0-9]+$/;
                                        if (!phoneRegex.test(inputField)) {
                                            // Set validation message on the corresponding cell
                                            e.container.find("[name=strInternetAddress]").closest("td").attr("data-strInternetAddress-msg", "Invalid phone number format");
                                            e.preventDefault(); // Prevent saving the record
                                        }
                                    }
                                },

i also enable the tooltip from databound
dataBound: function (e) {
   e.sender.element.find("[data-strInternetAddress-msg]").each(function () {
                                    $(this).kendoTooltip({
                                        position: "bottom",
                                        content: $(this).attr("data-strInternetAddress-msg"),
                                    });
                                });
}but tooltip is not showing in the page , it preventing from saving but not showing tooltip after inspection i found that it creating this html

<td role="gridcell" data-container-for="strInternetAddress" data-strinternetaddress-msg="Invalid email address format"><input type="text" class="k-input k-textbox k-valid" name="strInternetAddress" required="required" data-required-msg="Internet Address is required" data-bind="value:strInternetAddress"></td>

Help me how to show the tooltip not alert i dont want alert

saurabh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 17 Apr 2024
2 answers

Hi,

I am doing default PDF export functionality of Kendo Grid. But exported PDF file has extra characters in meta data. That results weird title of the PDF in Chrome browser. I have attached screen shot of the exported pdf and also a meta data of the file.  

I found few solutions (https://www.telerik.com/forums/saving-grids-or-charts-as-pdf-and-getting-strange-characters-in-the-metadata) that mentioned that I need to have <meta Charset='UTF-8'> in my code, where grid has been initialized. But I have set UTF-8 charset only in my entire code, still facing same issue.

I have few questions:

1) Which charset value is getting used to export the grid in PDF? (i) <meta Charset='UTF-8'> written in my code or (ii) default export functionality has its own charset value

2)  I am using Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core 2020.3.1021 version for kendo UI. Which specific library is being used for PDF generation in Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core  2020.3.1021 ? 

3) Is there anything else to try to resolve this issue?

Angel Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2024
0 answers

I have a Grid with a filter row. One column (in this case the Name column) can be filtered via a dropdowntree. I configured the tree with the checkAll config option. But this option does not do anything. How can i get the checkAll to work?

Here is the dojo : https://dojo.telerik.com/AhIHijIf

Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 17 Apr 2024
0 answers

Hi..

I have Radio button. But I don't see the radio getting focus, or any indication that it has focus. How can set the CSS so it show's that it has focus???

<input type="radio' id="radio1" class ="k-radio"

I have tried...

K-radio:focus{

border: 10px solid red;

color : red

}

nothing

Any ideas?

thx

Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
 asked on 12 Apr 2024
1 answer

I have a basic Telerik Grid using Batch Edit Mode. This all works great but I have had feedback from User Testing that it is not initially obvious the grid is being used for Data Entry. 

Is there a way I can show the Cells that are editable, by always showing the Inputs / Select Dropdowns without the user having to focus onto the cell first?

I have attached a picture of how the grid looks currently, I would like the inputs / select dropdowns to be visible all the time.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2024
7 answers

I have been playing around with the new DropDownnTree component (which I love btw) but found that there isn't a "clear" event so I have to use the "change" event which the clear button triggers. The problem is that the value is not reset before triggering this event therefore I can't use it to check if the change event was fired by the clear button.

Dojo: https://dojo.telerik.com/UNIdEjEH

<div id="example">
    <div class="demo-section k-content">
        <h4>Select an item</h4>
        <input id="dropdowntree" style="width: 100%;" />
    </div>
    <script>
        $(document).ready(function () {

// create kendoDropDownTree from input HTML element
            $("#dropdowntree").kendoDropDownTree({
                placeholder: "Select ...",
                height: "auto",
                dataSource: [
                    {
                        text: "Furniture", expanded: true, items: [
                            { text: "Tables & Chairs" },
                            { text: "Sofas" },
                            { text: "Occasional Furniture" }
                        ]
                    },
                    {
                        text: "Decor", items: [
                            { text: "Bed Linen" },
                            { text: "Curtains & Blinds" },
                            { text: "Carpets" }
                        ]
                    }
                ]
              , change: function(e) {
                kendo.alert("Value: " + this.text());
              }
            });
        });
    </script>
</div>

I would think either resetting the component before triggering the change button or adding a clear event is needed.

Thanks.

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 10 Apr 2024
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Dominik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Giuliano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dominic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Glendys
Top achievements
Rank 1
NoobMaster
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Dominik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Giuliano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dominic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Glendys
Top achievements
Rank 1
NoobMaster
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron