Keep ToolBar width = 100% when too many items are added dynamiclly

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Avidan
    Avidan avatar
    19 posts

Posted 20 Feb 2012 Link to this post

I have a toolbar with width=100%; upon user request items are added dynamiclly to the toolbar , as long the user add only few items the toolbar width is kept. however when the user add too many items the page width is extanded (to include all items inline within a single row)

My question is, how do I prevent page width resize by extanding toolbar height and displaying some of the toolbar items in a "second" row (inline), while keeping toolbar width 100%?

2. jumpstart
    jumpstart avatar
    479 posts

Posted 22 Feb 2012 Link to this post

RadToolBar does not currently provide the functionality to autowrap buttons to a second row. You'd have to use additional instances of RadToolBars in this case.

Also, be sure that you're setting your toolbar's width using the "style" property:
    <telerik:RadToolBar ID="RadToolBar1" runat="server" style="width:100%"  Skin="Hay">

I would suggest that you reference these forum posts for some insights in the best approach for handling your requirements:
    Toolbar width
    radtoolbar with two lines of buttons

Hope this helps!
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    360 posts

Posted 02 Mar 2012 Link to this post

Hello Avi,

Another suggestion I would make is that you could the RadMenu instead and enable scrolling. This way, no matter how many items they add, they will be able to scroll back-and-forth between the items.

The RadMenu doesn't offer the same visual style as the RadToolBar (RadMenu is smaller in height and doesn't have the same buttons), but it could work for your situation.

I hope that helps.