This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Keep ToolBar width = 100% when too many items are added dynamiclly

2 Answers 80 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Avidan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Avidan asked on 20 Feb 2012, 01:33 PM
I have a toolbar with width=100%; upon user request items are added dynamiclly to the toolbar , as long the user add only few items the toolbar width is kept. however when the user add too many items the page width is extanded (to include all items inline within a single row)

My question is, how do I prevent page width resize by extanding toolbar height and displaying some of the toolbar items in a "second" row (inline), while keeping toolbar width 100%?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 04:50 PM
Avi:

RadToolBar does not currently provide the functionality to autowrap buttons to a second row. You'd have to use additional instances of RadToolBars in this case.

Also, be sure that you're setting your toolbar's width using the "style" property:
<telerik:RadToolBar ID="RadToolBar1" runat="server" style="width:100%"  Skin="Hay">

I would suggest that you reference these forum posts for some insights in the best approach for handling your requirements:
Toolbar width
radtoolbar with two lines of buttons

Hope this helps!
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Mar 2012, 02:33 PM
Hello Avi,

Another suggestion I would make is that you could the RadMenu instead and enable scrolling. This way, no matter how many items they add, they will be able to scroll back-and-forth between the items.

The RadMenu doesn't offer the same visual style as the RadToolBar (RadMenu is smaller in height and doesn't have the same buttons), but it could work for your situation.

I hope that helps.
Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
Avidan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kevin