This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

jquery.min.map 404 errors showing in chrome console

13 Answers 3542 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter asked on 24 Aug 2013, 12:56 PM
I have noticed some Jquery.min.map 404 errors in the chrome console.   When I try to go to one of the lines that has the problem, it refers to a ScriptReserouce that contains a "Telerik.Web"UI" reference.

Is there something that should be turned on or off to prevent these errors.  I am using Q1 2013.

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Aug 2013, 11:22 AM
i am seeing some of these now, never noticed them before
Vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Aug 2013, 06:19 AM
This is a pretty recent issue.
You might want to check out the solution provided here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18365315/jquerys-jquery-1-10-2-min-map-is-triggering-a-404-not-found
Dr.YSG
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 Aug 2013, 05:05 PM
I am also seeing this errors, but the stack overflow article talks about jquery 10.1, and I have been using the kendo supplied 1.9.1.

Will I get into issues, by increasing the jquery version?
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 08:06 AM
Hi guys,

The problem is related with the Chrome devtools, which have an option named "Enable source maps". When turned to on it will search for map files for the common JS libraries. You can take a look at the intro video for more information at the topic. In general, you can either disable the source maps or place source map files in your projects.

Regards,
Genady Sergeev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Dr.YSG
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 02:30 PM
I see the source maps for 10.1.2, http://jquery.com/download/

Kendo is shipping with 1.9  is it safe to upgrade JQUERY and use the newer source maps?

Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2013, 02:49 PM
Hi,

In general it is best to use the jQuery version that comes with the current version of the controls because it is the one that is tested and stable.

Regards,
Genady Sergeev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Agsar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2013, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I am getting the jery.min.map 404 error on root folder which I found in chrome dev tools and which is pointing to Telerik Script Resource.

I am using telerik version of v2013. Please help me in giving the solution for this issue.

Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2013, 07:21 AM
Hi Asar,

Please disable the "Enable source maps" feature from the chrome dev toolbar. More information on how to do that can be found in the following StackOverflow thread -> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18365315/jquerys-jquery-1-10-2-min-map-is-triggering-a-404-not-found

Regards,
Genady Sergeev
Telerik
Christophe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Nov 2013, 12:39 AM
I recently started to get those message as well. I get them on both Chrome and Firefox dev toolbar :

SyntaxError: Using //@ to indicate source map URL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead @ http://localhost:49573/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd

I set up my web site to shoot me an email as well each time it throws an error and here's what I get :

An Error Has Occurred!

URL: /jquery.min.map
User: melmmt
Exception Type: System.Web.HttpException
Stack Trace: at System.Web.StaticFileHandler.GetFileInfo(String virtualPathWithPathInfo, String physicalPath, HttpResponse response)
at System.Web.StaticFileHandler.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Is this REALLY related to the dev toolbar ? If so, how come IIS sends me this ?
Also, it might not be related but this is something I have noticed at the same time this error appeared, my login ASP Panel with a default button doesn't do anything when I press the Enter key. It's pretty straight forward though :

<asp:Panel ID="panel" runat="server" DefaultButton="rbtSubmit">
    <telerik:RadTextBox ID="rtbUsername" runat="server" TextMode="SingleLine" Label="Username:" EnableSingleInputRendering="true" CssClass="riTextBox" MaxLength="32"></telerik:RadTextBox>
    <telerik:RadTextBox ID="rtbPassword" runat="server" TextMode="Password" Label="Password:" EnableSingleInputRendering="true" CssClass="riTextBox" MaxLength="12"></telerik:RadTextBox>
    <telerik:RadButton ID="rbtSubmit" runat="server" Text="Login" Icon-PrimaryIconCssClass="rbOk" Width="100" OnClick="rbtSubmit_Click" CausesValidation="true"></telerik:RadButton>
</asp:Panel>

I did this with Q2 2013 and still does with Q3.

Cheers,

Chris
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2013, 02:58 PM
Hello,

The error that you receive from IIS is notifying you that IIS cannot fine a file named jquery.min.map to ship to the client. It is not a real error with IIS but a simple notification of missing resource. Indeed, the reason for this is that Google Chrome requests the map file automatically and it requires explicit turn off in order to stop.

Regards,
Genady Sergeev
Telerik
Adam Nelson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 06 Dec 2013, 06:21 PM
So basically Telerik is ok with shipping an embedded script that will cause 404 requests on every page that uses one of your controls. And your advice is to pass on instructions on how to disable a option that is enabled by default in both Chrome and Firefox to all of our customers? 

Seems like a better approach would be for you guys to remove the sourceMapping comment in the embedded script. Just sayin.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Dec 2013, 06:31 PM
Hello Adam,

Thank you for the good suggestion, I've updated your Telerik points as a token of gratitude.

It is likely that for our next service pack we will have the sourcemap redirected to a valid source map URL and provide an option to disable it altogether.

Regards,
Genady Sergeev
Telerik
Adam Nelson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Dec 2013, 04:43 PM
This is great news. Thank you!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by