We had some issue when using the Media Manager in the RadEditor for MOSS (full-featured) to add a video to a WebPart page. The Windows Media Player’s window displays but the video doesn’t play (we have IE7 and WMP10).
We find that modifying a little bit the generated HTML makes it finally works.
Here is the original generated HTML code:
<object type="application/x-oleobject" height="150" width="150" classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11D3-B153-00C04F79FAA6">
<param name="FileName" value="/Test_RENAULT/Videos/RadNavigation.avi"/>
<embed src="/Test_RENAULT/Videos/RadNavigation.avi" width="150" height="150" type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer"></embed>
The changes concern the “object” tag.
If we remove it (we keep only the “embed” tag), it works fine.
We can also keep it but then we have to change two of its attributes:
- Removing the “classid” attribute makes it work but it is very long.
- To make it faster we change the value of the “type” attribute, from “application/x-oleobject” to “"application/x- mplayer2" (like in the “embed” tag).
With this second method it works fine too.
As these changes are manual, we would like to know how we can have an automatic solution.