This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issue with Chrome and iFrames in 2012.2.920

9 Answers 156 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Toldo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Toldo asked on 28 Sep 2012, 11:15 AM
Hello,
Looks like Chrome plugin issue introduced in 2012.2.920.
I use next code to find an iFrame because ActiveBrowser.Frames collection does not show it:

var frameInfo = new FrameInfo("overlayWindow", "", null, null, 1, false, false);
var window = this.ActiveBrowser.WaitForFrame(frameInfo, 10000);

This code used to work with all browsers in 2012.1 719.
Now it throws an exception in both Chrome 21 and latest Chrome 22:
Exception thrown during the wait for a condition. Error: Unexpected error while waiting on condition. Error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> ArtOfTest.WebAii.Exceptions.ExecuteCommandException: ExecuteCommand failed!
InError set by the client. Client Error:
Cannot read property 'defaultView' of undefined
BrowserCommand (Type:'Information',Info:'DocumentMarkup',Action:'NotSet',Target:'null',Data:'',ClientId:'32afb365-7c7d-4f20-a65e-3da0f319c96f',HasFrames:'True',FramesInfo:'',TargetFrameIndex:'-1',InError:'True',Response:'Cannot read property 'defaultView' of undefined')
InnerException: none.

at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Browser.ExecuteCommandInternal(BrowserCommand request)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Browser.ExecuteCommand(BrowserCommand request, Boolean performDomRefresh, Boolean waitUntilReady)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Browser.RefreshDomTree()
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Browser.<WaitForFrame>b__3(Browser br, FrameInfo fr)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
   at ArtOfTest.Common.WaitAsync._worker_DoWork[T,V](Object waitParam)

Could you please recommend any workaround?

Below is iFrame I am searching for:
<iframe id="overlayWindow" src="/site/shell/Controls/Rich Text Editor/EditorWindow.aspx" style="position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0px; left: 0px; right: 0px; bottom: 0px; z-index: 999; border: none; " frameborder="0" allowtransparency="allowtransparency"></iframe>

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 02 Oct 2012, 11:27 AM
Hello Toldo,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I have some good news for you. The fix for this Frame issue is implemented and the build is currently under QA attention. Once the fix is approved and ready I'll be happy to send you a private build containing the fix(probably tomorrow after some additional testing).   

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 02 Oct 2012, 03:00 PM
Hi Toldo,

We have prepared a private build for you containing the fix. You can download Telerik Testing Framework, version 2012.2.1002 from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4v18wvmrufwym2/Telerik.Testing.Framework.2012.2.1002.msi?m

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Test Studio Trainings
Marek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Oct 2012, 06:52 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem as Toldo. I installed the version which you gave and the problem no longer exists. However I have observed another problem which may be connected with this issue. When I try to use MouseHover() on controls inside iframe, the mouse is moved to wrong position. Problem occurs on Chrome (v. 22).

Adrian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Oct 2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Plamen,

I am also experiencing the same problem but the download would not run on my machine..."Telerik Testing Framework is already installed as a part of Telerik Test Studio. Please, Remove Telerik Test Studio if you want to proceed with this setup." Is there a build that will upgrade the current version ot Test Studio (2012.2.920) available?

Regards,
Chris
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 04 Oct 2012, 03:37 PM
Hello,

@Chris
The provided link is for our free Testing Framewok. You can download the same version of Test Studio Standalone here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/27829e43ctem5kv/Telerik.TestStudio.2012.2.1002_Purchase.msi?m

and the same version of Test Studio Run-time from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvqffjbxxwkbsc7/Telerik.TestExecution.2012.2.1002.msi?m

@Marek
I have tested against different frame samples, but I wasn't able to reproduce the MouseHover() issue. Can you please point us to a public website where I can replicate the problem?

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Test Studio Trainings
Marek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Oct 2012, 05:28 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately I am not able to provide you an example. 

I forgot to mention that problem occurs when a controls are placed inside iframe which is in another iframe (two nested iframes). The screen coordinates which I receives from control.GetRectangle() are wrong. I have noticed that they are shifted based on wrong iframe. I hope it will help you to reproduce my problem.

The problem didn't exist before version 2012.2.1002.
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 09 Oct 2012, 10:50 AM
Hi Marek,

I have tried to reproduce the issue against multiple demos with nested frames like this one for example:
http://www.idocs.com/tags/frames/recipesframetop.html
, but I wasn't able to do so.

We really need to reproduce the issue locally in order to investigate what is causing it and fix it as soon as possible. If you can provide us with the means to replicate the issue(either in your app or on a public site), but you feel the information is sensitive, you can submit a support ticket which is confidential, unlike this forum and provide the info there.

Kind regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Test Studio Trainings
Hubert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2012, 10:59 AM
I believe I'm experiencing the same issue. However, I find that the test script works under IE 8&9, but not the latest Firefox or Chrome. Could you guys please confirm that the issue is not limited to Chrome, but is also present in the latest Firefox release. 
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 04:03 PM
Hello Hubert,

Yes, I can confirm that we have a known issue with IFrames related to both browsers. The good news is that this bug is already fixed and the fix will be included in the upcoming official release (2012 R2 SP1), planned for the end of this month. If you can't wait that long, we can prepare a private build for you to test and confirm that the issue is resolved. Please let me know if you would like to proceed with that course of action.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Test Studio Trainings
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Toldo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Plamen
Telerik team
Marek
Top achievements