To explain my situation: I'm converting a Silverlight solution to asp.net and from my experience with SL, I learned that I'd better do it right from the start :). This means that I whish to make a "best practices" solution.
My choice of interface is a Webservice (not WCF) with a Sql provider using stored procedures.
I'm not too happy about the string-only Attributes and Resources, so I've been digging :)
I've come across the SchedulerInfo
classes, that I find interesting, but can't fit in the big picture.
Also I had the idea that a custom Appointment
class could help bringing type safety to my attributes. But when I try to cast the appointnments to my own class, I don't seem to get more than instances of the base Appointment class.
I wish I could give you a specific example of a specific problem, but my "investigations" are not more than shooting in all directions and running into new walls everywhere :)
The thing that got me started on this, is the blog about the improvements to the provider interface:
It doesn't seem to be incoorporated in the demos yet.