Invalid character '~' Image Manager MOSS 2007

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Andy
    Andy avatar
    7 posts

Posted 25 Mar 2008 Link to this post

Hi,

I encounter an error while setting the ImagesPaths for the RadHTMLField control to the root directory.

Here is how I set the Image path in the config file.
    <property name="ImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>
      <property name="UploadImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>
      <property name="DeleteImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>

System will prompt
    "Server Error in '/' Application"
    "/~/" contains illegal character '~'

Exception details : Microsoft.Sharepoint.SPException:"/~/" contains illegal character '~'

The error is solved when I changed the image path to
    <property name="ImagesPaths"><item>PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>

But I would like to make the path to be dynamic to the sub site. Any idea how I should configure the Image path

Thanks
    Andy
  2. George
    Admin
    George avatar
    859 posts

Posted 27 Mar 2008 Link to this post

Hi Andy,

Straight to the points:
    • In RadEditor for MOSS you need to set only the ImagesPaths - under MOSS there are no UploadImagesPaths and DeleteImagesPaths because, this depends on the libraries permissions.

• The path must not include "~" because, under moss we are pointing libraries.

• In the latest version of RadEditor for MOSS you can set the paths to point to the root site in the site collection ("/Images") or to the current site ("Images"). This depends on the "/" before the folder - these are the only two opportunities.
    In addition to this please, review the following help article: Set Properties Via Config File

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    George
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center