This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Integration problem with Telerik RAD Controls for ASP.NET AJAX in SharePoint 2010 beta

3 Answers 143 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bhavyesh Variya
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bhavyesh Variya asked on 03 Apr 2010, 05:00 AM
Hello,
My company has recently started using Telerik. Following your posts regarding RAD controls for MOSS 2007 integration, I was successfully able to deploy a webpart which has only Telerik RADGrid and other non standard asp.net controls.
It works fine with MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0.

The problem is with Integrating your controls in SharePoint 2010. As you know, SharePoint 2010 already has AJAX support, so should I include the ajax settings manually in web.config still ? What about the telerik configuration in web.config, is it changed for sharepoint 2010? I tried to integrate in the same was as I did for moss 2007 but got lot of JS errors.

If there's a post regarding SharePoint 2010 configuration, please let me know.

Regards,
Bhavyesh

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Bhavyesh,

You can find more information about our SharePoint 2010 plans on our products page - http://www.telerik.com/products/sharepoint.aspx

You are correct that SP 2010 already has AJAX built in, because it is using the .NET 3.5 Framework. To update your existing web parts to 2010, we recommend that you switch to the .NET 3.5 version of our RadControls suite. We are already offering a beta version of our editor solution for SP 2010, which you can deploy if your code has dependencies on the MOSSRadEditor control. The new editor (v6.0) will be using the .net 3.5 version of Telerik.Web.UI and no more web.config modifications will be needed in your SP 2010 application. All necessary changes will be done when deploying the editor solution (.wsp file).

Sincerely yours,
Lini
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Bhavyesh Variya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Apr 2010, 06:59 AM

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. However please elaborate on how I should proceed.
I am using Rad controls for asp.net ajax version 2009_3_1314_dev. My webpart
already uses .net 3.5 framework. I am using  your dlls residing in the '35' folder of your installation.

I am not using embedded resources/scripts and specify them externally using scriptmanager.
For reference, I use following two lines to do that:

this.RadGridObj.EnableEmbeddedScripts = false;
this.RadGridObj.EnableEmbeddedSkins = false;

And load all required scripts (for radgrid in my case) via scriptmanager from a particular location under the sharepoint layouts folder of 12hive.

Now as I have mentioned previously, you had two posts explaining how to integrate ajax and your own entries in web.config. My main problem is that do I need to do that in sharepoint 2010 as well? Please specify.
Under these circumstances, how do I proceed to use your radgrid in a simple sharepoint 2010 webpart at the same time use the 'EnableEmbeddedScripts'. Any sample webpart, links to post, comments are welcome.

Especially please specify which entries to modify/add for a SharePoint 2010 web.config file
Regards,
Bhavyesh

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 08 Apr 2010, 04:39 PM
Hello Bhavyesh,

The web.config entries for the ajax framework integration should be skipped as Sharepoint 2010 already features integration with ajax. The entries for our controls should remain the same as pointed in our documentation.

As for the js errors you are receiving, I suspect they are due to the grid's scripts not being loaded and registered. Could you make sure that the scripts are loaded correctly?

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Bhavyesh Variya
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini
Telerik team
Bhavyesh Variya
Top achievements
Rank 1