This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation' is an unknown namespace

18 Answers 1886 Views
TabControl
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thanigaivel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thanigaivel asked on 25 Apr 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi

I'm trying the sample provided in this site for RadTabControl in my local machine. it works with the namespace i provided as

xmlns

:telerik="http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation"

Whereas the same thing when i tried integerate in my project work it throws error at Runtime as below.

The type 'RadTabControl' was not found because 'http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation' is an unknown namespace. [Line: 330 Position: 43]

Thanks & Regards
Thanigaivel P S

18 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2011, 02:39 PM
Hello Thanigaivel,

We are not aware of such an existing issue. Could you please make sure you add all the necessary binaries i.e. if you are using RadTabControl you need references to Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll and Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.dll. If this does not help, could you please send us a sample application reproducing the issue. This way we will be better able to assist you.

Kind regards,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Thanigaivel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2011, 02:56 PM
Hi

I'm able to resolve this by specifying Namespace as below

xmlns

:telerik="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation"

and also i didn't refer the dlls in the Shell where i'm hosting the silverlight module.

Thanks & Regards
Thanigaivel P S
Josip
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 04:37 PM
tnx,
had same problem and yours solution helped me.
i am generating for dynamicly..

ex: this is received from database
<telerikInput:RadDatePicker xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"   Style="{StaticResource genericRadDatePickerStyle1}"   SelectedDate="{Binding |FIELDNAME|}" />

adding xmlnsDictionary solved my problem

System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext pc = new System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext();
                    pc.XmlnsDictionary.Add("ctrl", "clr-namespace:BCE.UIL.Controls;assembly=BCE");
                    pc.XmlnsDictionary.Add("telerikInput", "clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input");

control = System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Parse(genericFormControls.XAML.Replace("|FIELDNAME|", map.FieldName),pc) as UIElement;

before i used to define namespaces like this
<TextBox xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"  Style="{StaticResource genericTextBoxStyle1}" Text="{Binding |FIELDNAME|}" />

Timothy Kelley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2012, 11:02 PM
I had this problem and I had the correct dlls and namespaces in the xaml.

I fixed it by adding the Name property to the RadTabControl and the RadTabItem controls.

I shouldn't have had to do that..should I?

Tim

Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2012, 05:16 PM
Hello Tim,

We still cannot reproduce this issue on our side and I am not sure why defining a name to the RadTabControl and its items solved it. But it definitely doesn't seem like a good solution and this is why i wanted to ask you if you can send us a sample project where the issue is reproduces. Also, can you tell us the version of dlls you're using and if your solution is for Silverlight 4 or 5?

The information will help us further investigate the cause for the "The type 'RadTabControl' was not found" exception and it will be highly appreciated.

Greetings,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

S W
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2012, 05:25 PM
I really do not know the policy Telerik is taking.  They push out something every 3 months with some existing bugs fixed and some more new bugs created.  Do you guys know how much pain this will lead to the developers? 
Why this simple stuff you break it?!  Please go fix http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation, many are missing there!!!

On the Day One I noticed this studpid policy will make all developer totally bound to Google to search each and all fix or work around!!!  Can you guys do that once a year?  And test them thoroughly before let us being stuck.
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 02 Mar 2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Shuqing,

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. As we are constantly trying to provide award-winning controls, we have defined a customers-needs-based process in which we want to cover most of the scenarios that our users want to implement with the controls.

Naturally when we start working on a control, we always plan what features and functionality will be supported and how to facilitate the efforts needed to use the control in a set of designated scenarios. Unfortunately initially we cannot cover every scenario in which our customers will use our controls and this is why we highly appreciate the feedback we get on them. And as we are constantly striving to improve our controls, we log every case, every issue that the implementation of our controls causes in this case and every feature request in our Public Tracking System. But then we also have to make sure that our set of controls is expanding to allow our customer to create even more powerful applications.

This is why we have a long to-do list which is constantly updated and the tasks it contains are dynamically prioritized based on the customers' demands and requirements. And if you feel that there are issues that are not being addressed and they are preventing you from building your application, please let us know. We will definitely look into them and prioritize them accordingly.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
S W
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Mar 2012, 09:22 PM
You may have ton of reason for doing so.  But for your customers, the pain is horrible.  I do not mind how offen you release, but get whatever the developers will be using correct.  If you release a lot components with breaks and bugs, it totally does not make sense.  Your product is software libary that the developer will be calling, not some end products.

Just when I am writing this email to me,  I was told that RadPdfViewer was broken too.  We are just about to push our codes to production, but get this bad news.  Releasing a lot does not mean your product is in high quality....    I really wish your company does review this kind of policy.

We do not have time to fix RadPdfViewer now.  Can we tell our customer that this is broken by Telerik 2012 SP1 and we need a couple of days to fix it?
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 07 Mar 2012, 04:17 PM
Hi Shuqing,

I can see your point on the matter and I want to assure you that we are doing our best to keep the breaking changes and issues in the controls to the bare minimum. And we will definitely take your feedback into consideration.

When it comes to RadPdfViewer, we have been doing some refactoring that may have caused a downgrade of functionality in the internal builds. However, all known issues have been fixed in the latest internal build which you can download from your account. We also checked your account for tickets concerning the PdfViewer in order to address the problems you are observing, but did not find any. Would you mind describing what is broken in the PdfViewer and which is the version of the controls you are using (e.g. 2012.1.215.1050 or 2012.1.227.1050)?

Kind regards,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
S W
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Mar 2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Tina,
Thanks a lot on this issue.

We are using 2012.1.215.1050.  We did not change any thing for the PdfViewer part as the compilation done without any error during our upgrade to 2012.1.215.1050.  But when our client tested it, the report on screen is empty.  (has grid lines showing up, but no data at all).  You did mention 2012.1.227.1050.  Are you saying 227 has this one fixed?  If so, we may have to upgrade again.

Thanks,

Shuqing
Kammen
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2012, 02:10 PM
Hello Shuqing,

There have been a few developers that reported a similar issue occurring after upgrading to the 2012.1.215.1050 version of the controls. We were not able to reproduce it, but the other clients managed to resolve the issue by verifying that the upgrade is complete.

In that regard, please verify that all Telerik assemblies you are referencing are of the same version. It is possible that some older references were not replaced for the 2012.1.215.1050 version.
You could try manually removing all Telerik references, deleting the 'bin' and 'obj' solution folders and then adding the references again.

Don't hesitate to contact us if this doesn't help.

Greetings,
Kammen
the Telerik team
S W
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2012, 03:00 PM
Hi Tina,

I do not think we are the case.  However, the messed up in Q1 2012 is enough to confuse me.  All the dlls that we are using for silverlight are marked as 2012.1.215.1050.  The viewer part locates in another foler (Reporting Q1 2012).  And I am using Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.dll, which is marked as 6.0.1.215 (Q1 2012).  About half hour ago, my coworker who is using Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll reported the same issue.  It does not work in ASP.NET either.  I am sure the problem that Reporting Q1 2012 is not compatible with others that are marked as 2012.1.215.1050.

Thanks,
Shuqing

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Shuqing,

We need to clarify the following things:
  • which report viewer do you use in your application? Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.dll is responsible for the Silverlight report viewer and the Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll is responsible for the ASP.NET report viewer.
  • what is the exact problem you've encountered? Do you get any exceptions/errors?

If you are using the Silverlight report viewer, be aware that the Q1 2012 version of Telerik Reporting has problems with the print functionality when your application targets Silverlight 5 or the browser plug-in is Silverlight 5. The problem does not occur when you're targeting Silverlight 4, which is the version we're building against. Again, the problem is related only with the native SL print functionality (switching to True Print addresses this problem) and everything else functions correctly. If your report does not show any data, you should verify whether it is bound to data and whether the correct connectionString is present in the web.config file of your web application.

If the problem persists, please open a support ticket for Telerik Reporting and provide us with a sample project that exhibits the issue, so we can review it and advise you accordingly.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team
S W
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2012, 02:05 PM
I am using Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight, and I identifited this problem first.  Later, yesterday, my co-worker who is using Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, reported the same problem.  It has nothing to do with print.  No data shows up in screen.   Only grid lines show up.  Why do we need to check the bindings.  We just upgraded from the previous version to this current version and it stopped working.  the PDF report is already created and saved in server, the viewer only to show it.  My tiket is still open, why do we need another one?

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 10:18 AM
Hello SW,

We did not find a ticket for Telerik Reporting in your account, and this is a forum thread for the RadTabControl for Silverlight product i.e. not the correct place to post about problems with another product.
It has already been a month since the official release of Q1 2012 and you are the first to report problems with missing data that is why we asked you to verify that you indeed get data, cause this is the only reason why your reports would be empty. Opening a support ticket with the problematic project would expedite our suggestions how to address the issue.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
S W
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 01:51 PM
The frustration with Telerik is from every where.   I got email regarding this thread after I opened an ticket.  The email lead to here.  Whenever I add something, another email leads me here later again.  I thought I am still on the track with my first ticket.  I am out of the track of my ticket.  Why no body from Telerik to contact me.   Please the problem is very simple.  PDFViewer.Silverlight in Q1 2012 does not work.  We had been wasted tons of time struggling with the horrible release....

Marek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Mar 2012, 05:06 PM
After upgrade PDFViewer.Silverlight to Q1 2012, it does not work. 
After downgrade back to previous version   PDFViewer.Silverlight start work.

Plese when next version PDFViewer.Silverlight 
will be released (working version).
Thanks for info.
Iva Toteva
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2012, 10:26 AM
Hi Marek,

We would appreciate it if you could open a support ticket about RadPdfViewer and comment on what exactly is not working in RadPdfViewer's functionality. It would be best if you could attach a sample project, so that we can look into the issue right away.

Greetings,
Iva Toteva
the Telerik team
Tags
TabControl
Asked by
Thanigaivel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
Thanigaivel
Top achievements
Rank 1