This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to setup elevated mocking in TFS 2015 vNext

5 Answers 75 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Phil asked on 10 Jul 2016, 07:31 PM

Is there any updated information on setting up elevated mocking with TFS 2015 and vNext builds? None of the documentation appears to be updated for the new build system or my googleFu is seriously failing me.  

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2016, 02:22 PM
Hello,

We haven't updated our documentation yet, because we haven't tested with TFS 2015 vNext builds yet. I am sorry about that. However, we have a customer who successfully managed to resolve the issue by setting the environment variables on the machine.

As enabling the profiler requires setting 3 environment variables

COR_ENABLE_PROFILING=1
COR_PROFILER={B7ABE522-A68F-44F2-925B-81E7488E9EC0}
JUSTMOCK_INSTANCE=1

you can find a way to incorporate that into your build setup or do that in your build script. Let us know if you manage to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2016, 06:15 PM

Do you have and ETA?

Will you support service agents?

Thank you

Nikolay Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2016, 02:05 PM
Hello Bruno,

Could you be more specific on both of your questions because it isn't clear to us the ETA of what you are referring to and what do you mean by service agents support?

Best Regards,
Nikolay Valchev
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2016, 02:11 PM

I'm sorry.

Do you know when Telerik will test JustMock with TFS 2015 vNext builds? It's been out for almost a year now.

And from what I read on TFS 2013, you didn't support windows service agent, only console agent. Do you plan to support windows service agent on TFS 2015?

Thank you

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2016, 01:15 PM
Hello,

We don't have specific date for TFS 2015 support. Have you tried setting the environment variables that enable the profiler in your build process? 

COR_ENABLE_PROFILING=1
COR_PROFILER={B7ABE522-A68F-44F2-925B-81E7488E9EC0}
JUSTMOCK_INSTANCE=1

Do you plan to support windows service agent on TFS 2015?
I can't really answer that question. We will need more information to investigate it.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience! 

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 1