This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GroupSettings 100% Height of RadPane

1 Answer 61 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
arathol
Top achievements
Rank 1
arathol asked on 30 Mar 2011, 08:37 AM
Hi,

I have a menu set to the left of my page inside a pane of the rad splitter. The splitter is working at a 100% height.

The menu can get longer and shorter as the user browses through site, ie: The sub menu items open up underneath the main menu items on the left and extend it.

The problem i am having is this:
 I dont want a scroll bar appearing when the menu is higher than the users viewport, instead I want it to rather display the "GroupSettings" images to scroll the menu. The only problem is it that I dont want to set a fixed height to the GroupSettings option as it will then crop off the menu and look funny if the user viewport is higher than the menu height specified in GroupSettings.

Is there a way to set the value of GroupSettings to 100% height so that it will always sit on the top and bottom edges of the radPane and if the user's viewport becomes smaller than the actual menu height then the scroll buttons will "activate" and the user will be able to scroll the hidden menu items?

I suppose there should be someway to pull the height of the radPane using javascript as it changes and set the groupSettings to use that height. So as you resize the viewport, the radpane height value gets used for the GroupSettings value for the menu?

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
arathol
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2011, 09:57 AM
I was just wondering...

Is there a way to set a custom scrolling on a RadPane. Therefore have the same type of menu scrolling that you see when you use the "GroupSettings" value on a radMenu, that if the content in the radpane is too much that you get the top and bottom arrows for you too scroll the info with?
This might overcome my problem,

Thanks
Tags
Menu
Asked by
arathol
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
arathol
Top achievements
Rank 1