This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Getting error c00ce514, when I click on a Column header to sort

6 Answers 80 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
Ben Hayat asked on 16 Feb 2012, 10:09 PM
Hi;

I have a simple grid that is connected to ObjectDataSource usinf EF. The filter works fine, but when I click on any column, i get error:
"Microsoft JScript runtime error: Could not complete the operation due to error c00ce514."

Could you please advise what to do.

Note: I have another similar Grid in another page with AllowSorting=True, but when I click on any column, nothing happens.

Thanks!

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi,

Are you using UpdatePanels or AjaxPanels? If the answer is yes you could check the approach described in this forum post.

If not, please send us the code that is generating the error.

Greetings,
Andrey
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Andrey;

Thank you for the reply; Yes I'm using the RADAjaxLoadingPanel & RADAjaxManager;
I looked at the the link you provided, but not sure how I'm suppose to apply a general solution to all the pages using these two controls. Does Telerik have a general solution for this issue?

I just looked at the "Basic Sorting" of the demo and I see it's using the Panel and Ajax manager without any problem. So, why am I'm having this issue?

Thanks!
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2012, 04:15 PM
Hi,

Give this online demo application a try and check what are the differences with your project. Additionally, you could try set the EnableAjax property of RadAjaxManager to False and check whether the issue still replicates.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, share the code from the problematic page, so we could investigate the issue further.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Mar 2012, 08:20 PM
Hi Andrey;

If I turn "Enable Ajax" off, then I don't get the Ajax Error, but I get a different error, since I'm using ObjectDataSource. Here is the error:

"The data source 'ODS' does not support sorting with IEnumerable data. Automatic sorting is only supported with DataView, DataTable, and DataSet."

I'm hoping, once you guys support the new data binding and data model of .ASP 4.5, these problem will be resolved.
Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2012, 03:45 PM
Hi,

Sorting of generic lists returned from SelectMethod of your ObjectDataSource cannot be handled by any web grid (including the MS GridView). You should implement the sorting at object data source level. Other possible solution is to bind this collection inside the NeedDataSource handler - in this case RadGrid will able to sort the data without any problems.

You could check this online resource which elaborates on this subject.

Kind regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Mar 2012, 03:53 PM
Thank you Andrey;

I'll follow through it and if there is a question, I'll let ou know.

Thanks!
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Ben Hayat
Top achievements