This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Full Size Window problem (height-100%)

4 Answers 81 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Erik asked on 24 Jun 2011, 12:05 PM
Hello,

I got a weird looking radsplitter. I've done all the checks:
html, body, form
{
    height: 100%;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    overflow: hidden;
}

The radsplitter is directly in the <form>. It worked fine, but 2 weeks later, I got a radsplitter that was about 400px by 400px and no splitterbars and buttons. Like all styling was gone. Been at it for hours. When I remove this line:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js" />
All problems are gone...

So, binding the latest jquery is closing this problem?? When I bind the script locally there is no problem. And the versions are identical... (v1.6.1)

Regards

Erik

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Jun 2011, 12:07 PM
Edit: When i use radgrid, I meant radsplitter...
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Jun 2011, 12:21 PM
Also this example:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/splitter/examples/resizewithwindow/defaultcs.aspx
works fine, until you replace the <asp:ScriptManager with <telerik:RadScriptManager ??
(VS2010, RadControls v 2011.1.609.40, IE9 and chrome)

this is costing me a lot of time...
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jun 2011, 11:58 AM
Hi Erik,

I will answer your questions in the order you entered them.

When you include the jQuery externally you must include it in a certain order with the other controls and scripts. Our controls use jQuery internally and therefore output it to the page as well. This leads to a conflict which results in the unexpected behavior. If you need the specific jQuery version you include please try outputting it at the end of the page (I assume that you currently register it in the head section).

As for the script manager used - the demo page itself does not have a script manager and its purpose is illustrative. I suppose the page you are referring to is FullWindow.aspx, where the functionality is demostrated (this page is accessed through the link in the beginning of the demo). This page, though, already uses the RadScriptManager and works fine when I swap it with the regular asp script manager as well. You may have noticed some delay, which is due to the heavy page loaded in the right pane - it has to be fully loaded before its parent page loads and can work properly.

If you are still experiencing difficulties please explain them in some more detail so that we can provide a more to the point answer.

Best wishes,
Marin
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Jul 2011, 09:48 AM
to complete this tread:

I send a test application via a support ticket. Niko answered the following:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 7/1/2011 4:20:00 AM

Hi Erik,

Please, note that you have enabled the use of CDN for the Telerik scripts for internal builds(if I am not mistaken the version of the Telerik.Web.UI.dll is 2011.1.609.40). CDN scripts are available for major releases only, i.e. official releases, Service Packs and Betas. Therefore in your case you should disable the use of CDN through commenting the declarations in the web.config or setting them as Disabled:  

<addkey="Telerik.ScriptManager.TelerikCdn"value="Disabled"/>

<addkey="Telerik.StyleSheetManager.TelerikCdn"value="Disabled"/>

Hope this helps. Please, let me know if you will need anything else.

Best wishes,
Niko
the Telerik team 

Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Erik
Top achievements