This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Exception after upgrade to 2011.2.712: Item has already been added

25 Answers 204 Views
SkinManager
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eliyahu Goldin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eliyahu Goldin asked on 08 Sep 2011, 10:24 AM
I have a page with a SkinMaster control:

<telerik:RadSkinManager ID="RadSkinManager1" runat="server" ShowChooser="false" Skin="Sunset"</telerik:RadSkinManager>

The page was working ok in production environment for about a year. Recently, I upgraded to Telerik.Web.UI.dll 2011.2.712.40. After that I started getting exceptions of this type:

Exception type: ArgumentException

Exception message: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'  Key being added: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'

at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)

at System.Collections.Specialized.NameObjectCollectionBase.BaseAdd(String name, Object value)

at Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetDefaultSkinsAssemblyName()

at Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetAllEmbeddedSkins(RadSkinManager skinManager)

at Telerik.Web.UI.RadSkinManager.FillSkins(RadComboBox chooser)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

The error seems to be random, it appeared twice within 10 days. So far i can't reproduce it. I get notified about the error from my web server alert service and I don't know if users get any visual indications of the error or no. I have no way of asking the users.

Any clues?

25 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 14 Sep 2011, 07:20 AM
Hello Eliyahu,

Thanks for reporting this observation. Our development team is currently looking into it and will be getting back with more information. Please, stand by.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 14 Sep 2011, 10:07 AM
Hello Eliyahu,

This exception is not expected - what the stack traces says is that a duplicate entry for "Telerik.Web.Skins" is being added to the AppSettings configuration setting. Could you check if you are not modifying the AppSettings at some place in your code and if the problem persists, send us a small runnable example of you implementation so that we can take a closer look.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal
Mark Kucera
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Oct 2011, 10:45 PM
Was there any resolution to this?  I have this problem as well.  Like the original poster said, it's not really reproducible on-demand.  i get an email of all the exceptions on my website and i see this one come through every so often.

Error Occurred: 10/19/2011 4:13 PM
Exception: System.ArgumentException
Message: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'  Key being added: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'
RequestString: /campaign/EmailMain.aspx?
secID=3&subNav=8&Mode=New
Server: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Identity: xxxxxxxxxx
StackTrace:
  at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
  at System.Collections.Specialized.NameObjectCollectionBase.BaseAdd(String name, Object value)
  at System.Collections.Specialized.NameObjectCollectionBase.BaseSet(String name, Object value)
  at System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection.Set(String name, String value)
  at System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection.set_Item(String name, String value)
  at Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetAllEmbeddedSkinAttributes(RadSkinManager skinManager, Type controlType)
  at Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetAllEmbeddedSkinAttributes(Type controlType, Page page)
  at Telerik.Web.UI.Common.BaseClass.GetShortControlName(Control control)
  at Telerik.Web.UI.Common.BaseClass.GetValueFromConfig(String keyFormat, Control control)
- Show quoted text -
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I'm using version 2011.2.712.35

-Mark
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 25 Oct 2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Mark,

We have not yet encountered this problem neither could we reproduce it and hence no solution has been looked for. I'd ask you the same question addressed to Mark: could you check if you are not modifying the AppSettings at some place in your code and if not, upgrade to the latest internal build of the controls or the beta of the Q3 2011 one and see if the problem persists.

Greetings, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Didier
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Oct 2011, 08:15 AM
Hi,

Same problem here which occurs randomly but each time we get the error message... the IP demonstrates that a robot was browsing the website.

Here is a fresh example, hope it may help..

** Events **

---------------

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 10/27/2011 3:41:58 AM

Event time (UTC): 10/27/2011 1:41:58 AM

Event ID: 9f982257e01e4deda4e103e61a3b9fa1 Event sequence: 6 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0

Process information:

Process ID: 1356

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: AUTORITE NT\SERVICE RÉSEAU

Exception information:

Exception type: System.ArgumentException

Exception message: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'  Key being added: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'

Request information:

Request URL: http://www.saniverte.com/Default.aspx

Request path: /Default.aspx

User host address: 178.154.200.158

User:

Is authenticated: False

Authentication Type:

Thread account name: AUTORITE NT\SERVICE RÉSEAU

Thread information:

Thread ID: 5

Thread account name: AUTORITE NT\SERVICE RÉSEAU

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace:    at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)

at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)

at System.Collections.Specialized.NameObjectCollectionBase.BaseSet(String name, Object value)

at System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection.Set(String name, String value)

at Telerik.Web.UI.RadSkinManager.OnInit(EventArgs e)

Dider
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2011, 02:02 PM
Hello Didier,

This exception could happen also in case you have set the AppSettings["Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly"] to an empty string. Please, check that. In addition, did you upgrade to the latest version of the controls, is the result the same?

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Didier
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 Oct 2011, 04:06 PM
Hi,

We get the problem wit both versions 2011.2712.40 and 2011.2.915.40. This morning there was 2 errors caused by MSN bot during the night when it was browsing www.atxoom.com. This website uses  2011.2.915.40. I made a special copy of the web.config here: www.atxoom.com/web.config.txt . There is no reference to Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly in AppSettings.

Yesterday, before submitting my comment, I tried to add <add key="Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly" value="Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly" /> as suggested in an other article from Telerik community website but it gave troubles as we are using skins (!):
Thread information:

Thread ID: 19

Thread account name: x

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace:    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at Telerik.Web.UI.RadSkinManager.OnInit(EventArgs e)

From now we are running with: <add key="Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly" value="DISABLED" /> (as suggested in the previously mentioned article). I'll tell you within a few days if this particular web still get problems :-)

Our Masterpage looks like this:
<form id="form1" runat="server">

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        <Scripts>
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQueryInclude.js" />
        </Scripts>
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<telerik:RadSkinManager ID="RadSkinManager1" Runat="server"></telerik:RadSkinManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" clientevents-onrequeststart="OnResponseStart" clientevents-onresponseend="OnResponseEnd">

<div class="Container">
        ..... .... ..... ....
        </div>

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" modal="true" showcontentduringload="true" animation="None" visiblestatusbar="false"
            behaviors="Move" runat="server"></telerik:RadWindowManager>

</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="LoadingPanel1" runat="server" />

</form>

Best regards,

Didier

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2011, 08:33 PM
Hi Didier,

We will be awaiting your feedback.

Greetings, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
LeBear
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2011, 06:24 PM
I'm seeing this with 2077.2.915.40.

It's happened only 2 or 3 times on a pretty busy site (10,000-15,000 page requests per day), and I've never seen it on any of the other site that utilize the same code base. 

I was just looking to see if this was a known problem.  Sorry I don't have any good input other than to report that I've seen this, too.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2011, 12:36 PM
Hi all,

I am glad to inform you that our development team managed to track the issue and a fix for that will be available in the next latest internal build of the controls that is coming out by the middle of next week. Thanks for the cooperation - the telerik points of all the participants in the forum discussion who have reported the issue have been updated accordingly.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
LeBear
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2011, 10:16 PM
Excellent news.  Good job as always Telerik!
Ang Lim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Nov 2011, 12:12 AM
Hi  Tsvetoslav, is the fix for Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'  Key being added: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly' been released?

Thanks
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2011, 09:52 AM
Hi Ang Lim,

Yes, the latest internal build of the controls does contain the fix for the issue.

Greetings, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Dec 2011, 05:08 AM
So what version number contains the fix?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 27 Dec 2011, 09:58 AM
Hi,

The fix in question is still not available in any of the official versions of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. However you can download the Latest Internal Build from your account and use it while the release of the Q3 2011 SP.

Kind regards,
Iana Tsolova
the Telerik team
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2012, 01:56 PM
Hi,

We are using the 2012 Q2 beta and are gettting these errors at random!
Is this issue really solved or is it back again?

System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'  Key being added: 'Telerik.Web.SkinsAssembly'
   at Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetAllEmbeddedSkinAttributes(RadSkinManager skinManager, Type controlType)
   at Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetRuntimeSkin(ISkinnableControl control)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.ResolveGridImageUrl(String imageName, Boolean canBeSpriteButton)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumn.InitializeCell(TableCell cell, Int32 columnIndex, GridItem inItem)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTemplateColumn.InitializeCell(TableCell cell, Int32 columnIndex, GridItem inItem)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridHeaderItem.Initialize(GridColumn[] columns)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.SetupItem(Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, GridColumn[] columns, ControlCollection rows)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateHeaderItem(Boolean useDataSource, GridColumn[] copiedColumnSet, GridTHead thead)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.AutoDataBind(GridRebindReason rebindReason)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at Caesar.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
Ang Lim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2012, 11:58 PM
I downloaded the Latest Internal Build but it doesn't fix the problem.
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jun 2012, 01:27 PM
We are seeing the issue as well.
Our Version=2012.1.215.35
Anyone have any additional thoughts on this?
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2012, 01:37 PM
Hi Eliyahu, hello Ang,

Are you using the default Telerik.Web.UI.Skins assembly or you have embedded skins disabled? Is the page with RadGrid on it under a intense user traffic?

Please, provide information on the above questions.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Ang Lim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jun 2012, 04:50 AM
I use embedded skins disabled and the traffic is not that intense.

Thanks
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2012, 12:18 PM
Hi,

Still get this error with latest internal.
Seems to happen easily on startup of the web-application if lots of simultaneous users are requesting a page.
Something isn't thread safe?

Regards
Caesar
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 07:48 AM
Hi Andreas, hello Ang,

Obviously the web server is not able to handle properly multiple access to the same AppSettings variable so our development team has decided to consider alternative ways to avoid the thread conflicts such as implementing a thread lock on the problematic piece of code. We will be getting back with more information when the fix is ready.

Greetings,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 08:20 AM
Hi all,

Our development team decided to go with the thread locking solution and the fix has already been implemented. Please, download the next latest internal build of the controls that should be out by the end of the current week or the beginning of the next one.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Craig Wallace
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Dec 2012, 02:24 PM
Hi,

We experienced the same error today.  We have an internal web application with around 300 concurrent users.  As far as I know, only one user had the error, but it stopped them being able to work and would like to stop it being repeated.

Is the fix for this available in a production release yet?

Thanks,

Craig
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2012, 08:12 AM
Hello Eliyahu,

Yes, it is available since the Q3 2011 release.

Greetings, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Tags
SkinManager
Asked by
Eliyahu Goldin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
Mark Kucera
Top achievements
Rank 1