This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error in VWDe 2008

3 Answers 115 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ssjones
Top achievements
Rank 1
ssjones asked on 16 Jan 2008, 05:53 PM
I've been tring to get the new prometheus controls to work using VWDe 2008 (running on windows server 2003).  At first I was having issues just dropping the RadGrid control onto a page.  I seemed to have fixed that by adding the Dlls to the GAC. 

Now i can see the RadGrid control initally when I drop it onto a page..but when I try to connect it to a datasource i get the following error.

Error Creating Control - RadGrid1Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCollection must have items of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumn'. 'telerik.web.ui.gridboundcolumn' is of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl'.

I'm using the latest build (1314).

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
rootberg
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Jan 2008, 08:50 PM
I am having the same problem in VS TS 2008.

After playing around with it, I can get the properties to show up in the properties window, but if I attempt to edit certain things like skins or events, Visual Studio crashes.
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2008, 08:54 AM
Hello guys,

Can you please confirm that you installed the controls successfully under VS 2008 following the instructions from the knowledge base article linked below:

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-hab-b454T-a-b454c-a.aspx

If you still experience crashes/design-time errors running our controls under the new VS environment, I suggest you attach the problematic page, your site's web.config file and a screenshot illustrating the issue to a formal support ticket. We will review them and will advice you further.

Best regards,
Stephen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
rootberg
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Jan 2008, 01:47 PM
Thank you! That appears to have solved my problem.

This is what I did to solve the problem:
  1. opened VS 2008 command prompt from start menu.
  2. ran "gacutil /l" to list the items in gac an confirm that "Telerik.Web.Design.dll" was missing from the gac.
  3. changed directory to "c:\program files\Telerik\RadControls 'Prometheus' for ASPNET Q3 2007\Bin35\"
  4. executed "gacutil /i Telerik.web.ui.dll"
  5. opened vs 2008 and opened project in question to confirm everything was working.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
ssjones
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
rootberg
Top achievements
Rank 2
Sebastian
Telerik team