Error in VWDe 2008

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. ssjones
    ssjones avatar
    18 posts

Posted 16 Jan 2008 Link to this post

I've been tring to get the new prometheus controls to work using VWDe 2008 (running on windows server 2003).  At first I was having issues just dropping the RadGrid control onto a page.  I seemed to have fixed that by adding the Dlls to the GAC. 

Now i can see the RadGrid control initally when I drop it onto a page..but when I try to connect it to a datasource i get the following error.

Error Creating Control - RadGrid1Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCollection must have items of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumn'. 'telerik.web.ui.gridboundcolumn' is of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl'.

I'm using the latest build (1314).
  2. rootberg
    rootberg avatar
    38 posts

Posted 16 Jan 2008 Link to this post

I am having the same problem in VS TS 2008.

After playing around with it, I can get the properties to show up in the properties window, but if I attempt to edit certain things like skins or events, Visual Studio crashes.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Sebastian
    Sebastian avatar
    9934 posts

Posted 17 Jan 2008 Link to this post

Hello guys,

Can you please confirm that you installed the controls successfully under VS 2008 following the instructions from the knowledge base article linked below:

If you still experience crashes/design-time errors running our controls under the new VS environment, I suggest you attach the problematic page, your site's web.config file and a screenshot illustrating the issue to a formal support ticket. We will review them and will advice you further.

Best regards,
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  5. rootberg
    rootberg avatar
    38 posts

Posted 17 Jan 2008 Link to this post

Thank you! That appears to have solved my problem.

This is what I did to solve the problem:
    1. opened VS 2008 command prompt from start menu.
    2. ran "gacutil /l" to list the items in gac an confirm that "Telerik.Web.Design.dll" was missing from the gac.
    3. changed directory to "c:\program files\Telerik\RadControls 'Prometheus' for ASPNET Q3 2007\Bin35\"
    4. executed "gacutil /i Telerik.web.ui.dll"
    5. opened vs 2008 and opened project in question to confirm everything was working.