This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

error 404.0 when showing rad chart image in IIS7

2 Answers 281 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
mansour
Top achievements
Rank 2
mansour asked on 13 Feb 2009, 02:48 PM
Hello,
   I have an application which is working well under IIS6, but when I am using it under IIS7, in the page that has rad chart, I am getting this error:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL http://localhost:80/smarTrend/EnterprisePages/ChartImage.axd?UseSession=true&ChartID=b40fd0b5-683d-4efc-acce-8460a749ebdf_chart_ctl00$BodyContentPlaceHolder$LowerChart&imageFormat=Jpeg&random=0.786466626816646
Physical Path C:\MyWorks\SmarTrend\EnterprisePages\ChartImage.axd
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous
Most likely causes:
  • The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
  • The URL contains a typographical error.
  • A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.
Things you can try:
  • Create the content on the Web server.
  • Review the browser URL.
  • Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.
Links and More Information

I have the correct http handler in my web.config:

<

add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false"/>

<

add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false"/>

<

add path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false"/>

<

add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false"/>

Could somebody help me to find what is the problem?

Best regards

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2009, 04:56 PM
Hello mansour,

Please review the following troubleshooting section here -- when in Integrated mode, IIS7 reads the application configuration from the <system.webServer> section group in the application configuration file, but not the <system.web> section group.

Let’s suppose you have the following structure of the web.config file:

<system.web>

<httpHandlers>

… 

<add path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.3.1314.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" /> 

…

</httpHandlers>

</system.web>

<system.webServer>

<handlers>

…

</handlers>

</system.webServer>

All you need to do to manually register the HttpHandler for the IIS7 Integrated mode is copy the Telerik HttpHandler to the <handlers> section of the <system.webServer> section group, delete the validate attribute and give it a name, e.g.:

<system.webServer>

<handlers>

…

<add name=”ChartHandler” path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.3.1314.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"  /> 
            …

</handlers>

</system.webServer>

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Manuel
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
bilsa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2012, 08:07 AM
That worked liked a charm after hours of searching for a solution!
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
mansour
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
bilsa
Top achievements
Rank 1