This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DropdownList Scrolling issue kendo grid

6 Answers 629 Views
DropDownList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ravi asked on 08 Dec 2016, 02:07 PM

Hi,

We are facing scroll issue with dropdownlist. scrolling out side the dropdown closes the dropdown. It seems scroll very sensitive. I have attached video and with this query.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2016, 08:06 AM
Hi Ravi,

Please check out the following how-to article from our documentation that demonstrates how to prevent the described behavior:

http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/editors/dropdownlist/how-to/prevent-close-on-scroll

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Telerik by Progress
Kendo UI is ready for Visual Studio 2017 RC! Learn more.
Ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Dec 2016, 06:53 AM
I tried following example but it didn't work. You can run and see the example that dropdown closes on scrolling outside the dropdown.
Ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Dec 2016, 09:20 AM

Hi Dimiter Topalov,

You can run and see in the example which you have given in URL. It is also showing the same behaviour.

Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Dec 2016, 12:25 PM
Hello Ravi,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Scrolling outside of the dropdown will always close the popup, because it loses focus. This is the default, and designed behavior of the widget.

The provided workaround prevents the popup from closing when the cursor is still inside it, but the end of the list is reached, and without the workaround, the default behavior would be scrolling of the whole page, which in turn would close the dropdown.

The desired functionality is not supported, but you can implement some custom logic, and call e.preventDefault() conditionally in the close event handler, which will stop the DropDownList from closing the popup.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Dec 2016, 01:32 PM

Thanks Dimiter,

I will try to implement this using custom code. I also found one issue that I have added some records in grid and then when I try to open dropdown, on first click it take the dropdown in edit mode without opening select options and on second single it open the dropdown. On doubleclick, it's working fine.

Please suggest.

Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jan 2017, 08:30 AM
Hi Ravi,

The described behavior is expected. The first click puts the cell in edit mode, which creates the DropDownList. The second click triggers the opening of the DropDownList.

If you would like to open the DropDownList automatically when the cell is put in editing mode, handle the edit event, get a reference to the corresponding widget, and open it programmatically via its open() method, e.g.:

http://dojo.telerik.com/oTeVu

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
DropDownList
Asked by
Ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
Ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1