This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DropdownList 100% width not resizing using RadFormDecorator

4 Answers 167 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Web team
Top achievements
Rank 1
Web team asked on 14 May 2010, 07:43 AM
Hello,

I am having problem with my dropdownlist. I set the the width to 100% and my page design is fluid. when i resize my browser it the dropdownlist width does not follow. As a result the dropdown overshoot the margin as shown on the attached image. 

I tried removing the radformdecorator and it worked just fine. However I want to be consistent on my design and continue using radformdecorator.

thanks

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Web team
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2010, 02:59 AM
anyone please? thanks
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2010, 02:14 PM
Hello,

RadFormDecorator is designed to work with fixed layouts only, and it cannot decorate controls that have their size set in percent values. We might support percent values in the future, however for now our suggestion is to either use fixed dimensions, or not to decorate elements with relative size.

All the best,
Petio Petkov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Web team
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2010, 03:56 PM
 I tested all other controls (grid, textbox, combobox, and a lot of other asp.net and telerik controls) and they work well with defined percent value. It is only the dropdownlist I am having problem with. Cant we have any workaround to this? it seemed like a bug than a limitation in my opinion.
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2010, 01:02 PM
Hello Arnold Castro,

The RadFormDecorator and RadDock controls are created to be used for fixed layout - their dimensions should be set in pixels.
A simple workaround for the DropDownList is to set width to 100% in the rfdSelect css class, e.g.
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
        .rfdSelect
        {
           width:100% !important;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="All" Skin="Black" />
    <div style="width:600px;height:200px;border:2px solid red">
        <asp:DropDownList ID="ddList1" runat="server">
            <asp:ListItem Text="Item1"></asp:ListItem>
            <asp:ListItem Text="Item2"></asp:ListItem>
            <asp:ListItem Text="Item3"></asp:ListItem>
        </asp:DropDownList>
    </div>

</form>
</body>
</html>
Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Petio Petkov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
Web team
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Web team
Top achievements
Rank 1
Petio Petkov
Telerik team