Drag alwais return DragCancel

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Pedro
    Pedro avatar
    22 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2008

    Posted 18 Sep 2009 Link to this post

    Hi,
    I have been using the d&d for a while, it was working pretty well, but after some changes in the code, in theory they are not related with d&d just with styles, the DropInfo event is never accessed, I checked and the DragInfo event is returning DragCancel and the end of the drop operation but I dont know why, I am setting e.QueryResult = true in the  Dropquery event and that change is being visually reflected, but for some reason, when I drop the control, the status is DragCancel (I am catching that in the OnDragInfo, so the DropInfo is never executed, I checked the Destination control and its the correct one, any Ideas why is this happening?
  2. Miroslav
    Admin
    Miroslav avatar
    922 posts

    Posted 23 Sep 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Pedro,

    This is quite unexpected.

    Properties that may affect the DragDrop are IsHitTestVisible, which should be true for the DropTargets and their visual ancestors.

    Also, capturing the mouse on MouseDown or during DragDrop may affect the DragDrop.

    Is it possible that the AllowDrag / AllowDrop properties were set in a style and it is not applied anymore or it is being replaced with a different style now? This will happen if you are using a custom theme and an ItemContainerStyle to set the DragDrop properties.

    Can you identify what kind of changes were made? More information about that will help us narrow down the cause for the unexpected change.

    Kind regards,
    Miroslav
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Pedro
    Pedro avatar
    22 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2008

    Posted 23 Sep 2009 Link to this post

    Hi,
    As all the styles are  bound properties, styles were being changed as part of the d&d operation, and some element had a "white" background instead of "transparent", as this style was being used only when the application was in debug mode it was some kind of hard to catch the issue.

    Thanks, Pedro. 
Back to Top