Download file with progress bar and execute

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Dexterity
    Dexterity avatar
    2 posts

Posted 01 Apr 2015 Link to this post

I want to download EXE file on page load event and show real time download progress bar. After successful download, I want to execute EXE file to install on client machine.

How can I do this using RadProgressBar & RadProcessArea control??

Do any one have sample source code of this??

Please at-least take a look of my requirement, I'm researching on it since last week.
  2. Vessy
    Admin
    Vessy avatar
    1389 posts

Posted 06 Apr 2015 Link to this post

Hi Dexterity,

I am afraid that neither RadProgressBar nor RadProgressArea can be used for tracking a download process.

Regards,
    Vessy
    Telerik
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Dexterity
    Dexterity avatar
    2 posts

Posted 07 Apr 2015 in reply to Vessy Link to this post

Thanks Vessy,

Then do you know how to show progress bar while downloading file using Rad Controls???

It would be very helpful.

5. Vessy
    Admin
    Vessy avatar
    1389 posts

Posted 07 Apr 2015 Link to this post

Hi Dexterity,

Please, excuse me for not being clear enough in my previous reply. There is no any control in the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX suite that can handle the downloading process and show its progress respectively.

Optionally, you can implement you own download tracking and then to try implementing a RadProgressArea Custom Progress. For example, you can start your research here:
    Tip: File Download in ASP.NET and Tracking the Status of Success or Failure of Download

File Download in ASP.NET and Tracking the Status of Success/Failure of Download
    How to show progress in a webpage while downloading a file from another server ASP.NET
    etc.

Regards,
    Vessy
    Telerik