Dependency in order of ReportViewer attributes - results in "No Report"

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. jstott
    jstott avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2008

    Posted 28 Dec 2010 Link to this post

    Latest Telerik.Reporting (2010.3 1221) - the order of attributes can break reports.  This did not appear to be an issue with prior (at least .1119)

    As an example, from the included samples in From CSharp.ReportExamples.vs2010 - CSharp.Silverlight.Demo: MainPage.xaml

    This works (as supplied in demo)
    <telerik:ReportViewer Grid.Row="1" x:Name="ReportViewer1"
       Width="1000"
       telerikControls:StyleManager.Theme="{Binding SelectedItem, ElementName=ThemeSelector}"
       ReportServiceUri="../ReportService.svc"
       Report="Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.ReportCatalog, CSharp.ReportLibrary"  />


    Changing the order of  Report  and ReportSerivceUri does not work (Page will load, and will display "No Report" where the report content should be within the viewer).
    <telerik:ReportViewer Grid.Row="1" x:Name="ReportViewer1"
         Width="1000"
           telerikControls:StyleManager.Theme="{Binding SelectedItem, ElementName=ThemeSelector}"
           Report="Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.ReportCatalog, CSharp.ReportLibrary"
           ReportServiceUri="../ReportService.svc" />

    I tried to post this as a support ticket - but received the message "Hashtable insert failed. Load factor too high." - guess I'm two for two today.

    Also note that if you are using say the ReportView.RenderBegin event, that event will not be raised in addition to the report not being rendered in the following:
    <telerik:ReportViewer Grid.Row="1" x:Name="ReportViewer1"
         Width="1000"
           telerikControls:StyleManager.Theme="{Binding SelectedItem, ElementName=ThemeSelector}"
           Report="Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.ReportCatalog, CSharp.ReportLibrary"
           ReportServiceUri="../ReportService.svc"
           RenderBegin="ReportViewer1_RenderBegin" />

  2. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

    Posted 03 Jan 2011 Link to this post

    Hello jstott,

    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've made some refactoring for the Q3 SP1 release which made evident the dependency of the Report and ReportServiceUri properties. I've logged the problem in our bug tracking database and we would fix the issue for subsequent version of the product, for the time being, please set the ReportServiceUri first and then the Report property.
    As for the error you've got when trying to open a support ticket - on 28th we had temporary issues with our web site, but now everything should work just fine.

    Your Telerik points have been updated as a token of gratitude for pointing this problem out.

    All the best,
    Steve
    the Telerik team
    Get started with Telerik Reporting with numerous videos and detailed documentation.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Karlkim Suwanmongkol
    Karlkim Suwanmongkol avatar
    41 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2012

    Posted 09 Feb 2011 Link to this post

    Hi jstott,
       Thanks for figuring out the issue! I just upgraded to 4.2.10.1221 today (the 4.2.10.1110 was working fine) and experience the same problem. I thought I screw up the upgrade and spent crazy hours looking for the problem.

    I use code-behind assigning values in my case, and the same issue happen. There was no service call to the server hosting the report at all.

    You have to assign value to ReportServiceUri, Report, and RenderBegin respectively otherwise you will get the "No Report" issue.

    Thanks again!
    --karlkim
Back to Top