This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Demos for WPF_2015_3_1104

3 Answers 51 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robert asked on 02 Jan 2016, 04:22 AM

I downloaded this zip file from my account downloads area :   
Telerik_UI_for_WPF_2015_3_1104_Demos
...and I am loading ExamplesCS_WPF.sln in VS2015 update 1. 
I assumed I could run any of the projects as I liked, but after trying a handful, each fails either at build or run time.
I did try using the WPF upgrade wizard, that didn't seem to help.  I am up to date with Telerik Control Panel.  Is there some other prerequisite?  
I found no readme or other discussion of how to build or run this demo project.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2016, 09:21 AM
Hello Robert,

Building and running the demos locally requires a local installation of Telerik UI for WPF controls. If you have recently installed them but haven't restarted the machine since then, I would suggest you rebooting the machine. Then open the solution, make sure the projects refer to Binaries.NoXaml folder from the install location and try running the demos again after cleaning and rebuilding.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Aylin
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jan 2016, 12:51 AM

I was able to get this working, it was user error - I was trying to run individual projects in the Examples folders.   

The problem, hinted at by my post, seems to have been that the individual projects were never meant to be run as standalone demos, but rather in the context of the Examples.WPF project.  All the projects in the Examples folder are windows applications, so I just assumed they were meant to be run individually.  

I finally by chance happened to set the Examples.WPF project as the startup project and then I saw it all run ok.  

thanks!

bt

Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jan 2016, 04:12 PM
Hi Robert,

Thank you for bringing your observations to our attention. Actually, it is intended individual projects to be run as standalone demos. For some projects this works perfectly fine, however for others, it does not. We will go through the examples to make sure we fix this behaviour.

In appreciation of your involvement, I have updated your Telerik points.

Do not hesitate to contact us if any other issues or questions arise.

Regards,
Aylin
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Aylin
Telerik team
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1