delete not working

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. mww
    mww avatar
    257 posts

Posted 10 Apr 2009 Link to this post

I have a very strange problem with the delete function in my grid.  I have a delete column added to the end of each row like this

telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Delete this artist type ?" ButtonType="ImageButton"

CommandName="DeleteArtistType" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteArtistType" >

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />

ive specified the delete method like this

when I run the page, the grid is rendered but the image isnt displayed in the delete column (I have a red cross) and the delete method never gets called

Ive used exactly the same method in a different grid and it works ok !

The edit fucntion works ok though

telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

This is driving me nuts, I really canbt see why it works in one grid but not in another, can anyone help ?

2. Pavlina
    Pavlina avatar
    6069 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2009 Link to this post

Hi Mark,

You can refer the following help articles to get more details about deleting records in RadGrid.
    Deleting records
    Automatic DataSource operations
    Client-side delete

Additionally if you continue to experience difficulties, I will ask you to open a formal support ticket and send us a small working project with reproduced this erroneous  behavior. Thus I could do all my best to help you further in resolving it.

Kind regards,
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner