This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Datepicker popup not showing

4 Answers 420 Views
DatePicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Geejay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Geejay asked on 06 Apr 2016, 08:35 PM

Hello Telerik team,

I have a weird problem with the datepickers on the production site.

Since I migrated the Telerik.Web.UI.DLL, Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.DLL and Telerik.Web.Design.DLL from 2014.3.1002.40 to 2016.1.322.40 the popups of my datepicker, datetimepicker, Timepicker and MonthYearpicker don't work anymore on my costumers website. The page flickers somewhat when clicking the control and the horizontal scrollbars appears shortly at the bottom of the browsers window but that's it. In my own Visual Studio environment all's working well. If I migrate back to the previous DLL's it's working again.

I can't find out where the problem lies, I've checked everything (I think). Do you have any clue?

Many thanks,

Geert Jansen

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2016, 10:37 AM
Hi Geert,

If the popup of the pickers is not displayed this can indicate JavaScript error. Would you open the browser console by pressing F12 and see if there are any errors listed?

As the popup is opened via client-side code any JavaScript errors would interfere with the normal operation of the picker controls.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Miguel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Dec 2016, 05:59 PM

Hi, I have pretty much the same issue.

Using Telerik 2016 Q2, the Datapicker popup does not shows under IE11, but it works OK on Chrome and Edge (it works OK in the Web demo app). Since I'm not proficient on Web programming, I have difficulties to fix this. The problem happens in my dev. pc, I do not have a production site yet.

After running the application I detach VS2015 debugger and then press F12 on IE11. The login page has some issues pointed out in the debugger and console, but after login to the application and opening the webpage that contains the datapicker there are not errors at all.

can you please shed some light to get this fixed? Thanks.

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 20 Dec 2016, 01:55 PM
Hello Miguel,

By default IE opens all intranet pages in Compatibility Mode. However, this mode is not supported by the controls as it uses IE7 rendering.

Make sure that Internet Explorer is not running in Compatibitily mode. Check out the following article that describes how you can disable Compatibility in IE.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Miguel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Dec 2016, 10:34 PM
Thanks Viktor it work ok now on Edge, Chrome and IE11/
Tags
DatePicker
Asked by
Geejay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by