DateFilter with Ajax causing javascript error

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Dave
    Dave avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2012

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    I have the following code in an ascx page (part of a webpart for Sharepoint).
    <asp:UpdatePanel runat="server">
        <ContentTemplate>
            <telerik:RadFilter runat="server" ID="RadFilter1" ShowApplyButton="False">
                <FieldEditors>
                    <telerik:RadFilterTextFieldEditor DisplayName="fee" FieldName="fee" TextBoxWidth="120" />
                    <telerik:RadFilterDateFieldEditor DataType="System.DateTime" DisplayName="foo" FieldName="foo" />
                </FieldEditors>
            </telerik:RadFilter>
        </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
    When I select the "foo" field from the context menu, I get the following exception from javascript:
    Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined.
    Parameter name: type

    If I let the code continue on, the filter appears to render correctly, but the datepicker and the timeview are unusable.  If I remove the UpdatePanel, the code works fine, but causes annoying postbacks every time the user interacts with the filter control.  At this point I'm thinking I may need to just use a text field instead of the date one.

    For the record, I'm using this so I can manually process the resulting filter in my business logic, so I'm not wired up to a grid or a datasource.
  2. Dave
    Dave avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2012

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    Ok, I figured out the issue.  Turns out there is a problem with how SharePoint 2010 was processing the AJAX.  Upgrading to SP1 fixed the issue.  Hopefully this information is useful to someone else out there some day.
Back to Top