This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

customizing rotator

1 Answer 62 Views
Rotator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Muhammad asked on 24 Jul 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi there,
     I am customizing rotator, i have looked into pager integration in demos at telerik but my requirement is a little bit different. I want to add navigation links to the bottom of the rotator control as highlighted in the attached document, so that when hover it will take end-user to the hovered slide as well as when not hovered on any navigation link at the bottom of the rotator  it will retain its slide show. Hope i clear myself on this. Rest of the work is done except the navigation links at the bottom of the rotator. Any help in this regards will be highly appreciated.
     Moreover i have also tried following code, but i am sorry to say that client side function "set_currentItemIndex" failed work. Help needed.
function showItemByIndex(index) {<br>                    // gets reference to the rotator object<br>                    var oRotator = $find("<%= RadRotator1.ClientID %>");<br>                    // Sets currently shown item by its index<br>                    oRotator.set_currentItemIndex(index);<br>                }<br>

Regards,
Muhammad Yasir.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pero
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2010, 04:10 PM
Hi Muhammad,

I tested the set_currentItemIndex client-side method of the rotator, and it is working correctly. Could you please tell us which version of the RadControls you are using?
You can use this method together with the other methods from the client-side API of the RadRotator to achieve the desired functionality.
For your convenience I have implemented a simple demo project to show how this can be done. This is just to give you an idea of how this can be achieved. It is not necessarily the best way, but I believe it will be helpful. I have attached the sample project to the thread.

PS. Please note that implementing custom solutions and projects is out of the scope of our support. So, you should make any modifications (or take a different approach) to the project to suit your specific scenario.

Kind regards,
Pero
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Rotator
Asked by
Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pero
Telerik team
Share this question
or