This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Current framework (2012.2.1420) does not support Firefox 22

5 Answers 56 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Toldo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Toldo asked on 13 Jul 2013, 01:27 PM
Hi guys,

It looks like support for latest Firefox 22 is broken. I didn't find any issues related in PITS so I decided to write here.

I am using latest released Telerik Testing Framework 2012.2.1420 with bundled Firefix Http Client 2012.2.1205 add-on.
Rolling back to previous Firefox 21 solves this issue. 

The problem can be simply reproduced with following code:

ActiveBrowser.NavigateTo("http://www.google.com");
ActiveBrowser.Find.ByName<HtmlInputText>("q").Text = "telerik";
ActiveBrowser.Find.ByName<HtmlButton>("btnK").Click();

Exception occurs:
ArtOfTest.WebAii.Exceptions.ExecuteCommandException : ExecuteCommand failed!
InError set by the client. Client Error:
mozCommandProcessor: A DOM click on the target element threw an error. TagName: BUTTON Err: TypeError: Value does not implement interface WindowProxy.
BrowserCommand (Type:'Action',Info:'NotSet',Action:'Click',Target:'ElementId (tagName: 'button',occurrenceIndex: '1')',Data:'',ClientId:'8f9b7a8f-06cc-4edb-8ce9-d925a17e60bf',HasFrames:'False',FramesInfo:'',TargetFrameIndex:'-1',InError:'True',Response:'mozCommandProcessor: A DOM click on the target element threw an error. TagName: BUTTON Err: TypeError: Value does not implement interface WindowProxy.')
InnerException: none.

Hope to see it fixed in the upcoming release.
Thank you in advance.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mario
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2013, 08:10 PM
Hello Toldo,

You are certainly correct and this particular issue with the Click method in Firefox 22 has recently been discovered and resolved. I can confirm that the fix will be included in the next official release.

In the mean time however, you could install a custom build of our Framework which contains the same fix. If you wish to do so, please download the installer directly from this link to my DropBox.

Regards,
Mario
Telerik
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Jeanie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2013, 07:03 PM
Hi Mario,
Would it be possible to supply a build of Test Studio with this fix as well?  I'm running into the same problem.
Thanks.
 - Jeanie
Mario
Telerik team
answered on 01 Aug 2013, 02:49 PM
Hello Jeanie,

Certainly and at the moment I can actually provide you with two options, both of which contain a fix for the Click method in FireFox 22, please see below:

1) 2013 R1 BETA from your Telerik account (most recent, see roadmap)
2) Custom build (2012.2.1903) from my DropBox.

Please let me know whether you have any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Mario
Telerik
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Jeanie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Aug 2013, 04:42 PM
Thank you Mario for both the updated version and your quick response to my post!
 - Jeanie
Doug
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Aug 2013, 03:16 PM
I have updated my version of the Testing Framework to both 2013.1.806 and 2013.1.827 but still see this same issue on FireFox 23 with both versions of the framework. Am I missing something on the setup that would still result in this being an issue?

Thanks

It looks like I had not closed all instances of the browser.  Once I did that everything worked fine.  Sorry for the false alarm.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Toldo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mario
Telerik team
Jeanie
Top achievements
Rank 1