This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CSS Issue

1 Answer 184 Views
FileExplorer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jibber4568
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jibber4568 asked on 17 Apr 2012, 02:04 PM
Hi Guys,

I was hoping you could take a look at the below and let me know if its something you may have experienced before.

I have a page setup as below:

<%If Request.Url.AbsoluteUri.ToLower().Contains("site1url/login") Then%><link href="site1url/Css/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><%Else%><link href="site2url/Css/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><%End If%>

<div class="TopBar">
<label class="FloatRight TopBarPageTitle CursorArrow"><h1>File Manager</h1></label>
</div>

<div class="ControlWrapper">

<div class="tabStripContainer">
    <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="Radtabstrip1" runat="server" Width="100%" MultiPageID="MultiPage1" SelectedIndex="0" TextOnlyTabs="False" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" Skin="CustSkin">
        <Tabs>
            <telerik:RadTab ToolTip="Image Manager" Text="Image Manager" PageViewID="Page3"></telerik:RadTab>
            <telerik:RadTab ToolTip="Document Manager" Text="Document Manager" PageViewID="Page1"></telerik:RadTab>          
        </Tabs>
    </telerik:RadTabStrip>

<div class="SubSectionWithBorder">
        <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="MultiPage1" runat="server" Width="100%" SelectedIndex="0">

<telerik:RadPageView ID="Page3" runat="server">
            <fieldset>
                <legend><h2>Image Manager</h2></legend>                   
                    <telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="imageExplorer"  TreePaneWidth="200px" Width="100%" height="500px" runat="Server" EnableOpenFile="false" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="15" BorderWidth="1" BorderColor="Gray"
                    </telerik:RadFileExplorer>
            </fieldset>
            </telerik:RadPageView>
            </telerik:RadMultiPage>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        docExplorer.Configuration.ViewPaths = New String() {path1}
        docExplorer.Configuration.UploadPaths = New String() {path1}
        docExplorer.Configuration.DeletePaths = New String() {path1}
        docExplorer.Configuration.SearchPatterns = New String() {"*.doc", "*.txt", "*.docx", "*.xls", "*.xlsx", "*.pdf", "*.zip"}
        docExplorer.Configuration.MaxUploadFileSize = 5120000
End Sub

The problem I am having is the introduction of the upload path in the code behind. As soon as I introduce this line, Internet Explorer is no longer able to pull through any of the styles within the style sheet inserted above.

I have searched around and couldn't find anything relating to similar issues and was hoping you guys might have seen something similar before.

The style sheet works perfectly on all other pages in all browsers, just not in IE when the radfileexplorer's upload path is introduced.

Many thanks.

Jibber4568

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Jibber4568,

The most possible reason for this problem is a limitation of Internet Explorer to load more than 31 CSS files. You can find more detailed information and a solution to this issue in the following blog post:
Internet Explorer CSS limits

If this does not solve this issue, could you please provide a sample project and / or a live URL reproducing the problem so we can examine it further?

Greetings,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
FileExplorer
Asked by
Jibber4568
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
Share this question
or