This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

2 Answers 4464 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Roberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
Roberto asked on 16 Aug 2011, 02:01 PM
Hello,

I have a project(subsite to site which uses telerik) which displays the error message even though it's not making use of any Telerik products and therefore no reference to Telerik appears in the web.config file. It should be completely independent of the main application which does properly reference the Telerik library and does not have an error condition.

Does anyone know why using a Telerik library in the main application would cause a problem for another application which exists in a subdirectory? And does anyone know how to solve the problem?

I have tried to add the dlls in the subdirectory bin catalog with no success. Have also tried to remove/add the httphandlers and modules in the subdirectory web.config with no success. 

Thanks for any information that can point me in the right direction!

Regards,
Roberto

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 19 Aug 2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Roberto,

You may proceed as follows:
  1. Use the VS  Command Prompt.  If running Vista/7, right click the icon and run as Administrator.  This will get the directory for the gacutil program into the path statement.
  2. gacutil /i "C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX QX XXXX\BinXX\Telerik.Web.UI.dll

This way you will add the missing assembly into GAC, if the error persists please post a screenshot with it and give more details about the problem.

P.S Replace "X" in the file path  with the appropriate numbers for you case.

Best wishes,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2016, 04:43 PM

I just updated to VS2015 after receiving a new laptop. I opened a project that was built in VS2013.

Hit 'build' and received the same error as Roberto did 5 years ago.
To be clear, the project successfully built yesterday when I had VS2013. I did not change any references myself, altho a new 'lib' folder was created in the solution with the current Telerik dll files.

I will be submitting a ticket, but wanted to raise visibility of this to the community at large.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Roberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
David
Top achievements
Rank 1