Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess...

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. neebs
    neebs avatar
    106 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2007

    Posted 01 Jun 2011 Link to this post

    I've deployed a web application to a different server and suddenly I am getting the error in the attached image. I am not using OpenAccess and I have no idea why a reference to RadScriptManager could cause the page to blow up this way. Any explanation for this behavior?

    Steve
  2. Alexander
    Admin
    Alexander avatar
    727 posts

    Posted 02 Jun 2011 Link to this post

    Hi neebs,

    Is it possible that your project was "enabled" for OpenAccess but you have removed the persistent model at some point? When persistent classes are added to a project, OpenAccess inserts the following directive at the bottom of the project file:
    <Import Condition="Exists('$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\OpenAccess.targets')" Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\OpenAccess.targets" />

    Please open the project file with a text editor and delete this line if you find it. Additionally you have to make sure that there are no references to OpenAccess assemblies left.

    Regards,
    Alexander
    the Telerik team
    Q1’11 SP1 of Telerik OpenAccess is available for download; also available is the Q2'11 Roadmap for Telerik OpenAccess ORM.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Clyde
    Clyde avatar
    41 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2008

    Posted 21 Nov 2011 Link to this post

    This happened to me today straight after I upgraded to the 2011 Q3 release for both the AJAX and Reporting controls. I had manually updated the dlls from both suites into my project bin directory.

    I eventually found the issue was that I had included the Telerik.Reporting.DatabaseSession.dll in my copy. I can only assume it has a dependency on OpenAccess. Once I deleted that file, the problem went away.

    Hope this is helpful to someone else too.

  5. Ivan
    Admin
    Ivan avatar
    111 posts

    Posted 22 Nov 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Clyde,

    The Telerik.Reporting.DatabaseSession assembly is intended for internal use only by the Telerik Reporting engine, when you are utilizing the Database Session State Provider. You are not supposed to add an explicit reference to it in your project, and it does not expose any publicly available functionality anyway. The correct method to configure the Database Session State Provider is described in the following help topic from the online documentation: Configuring the Database Session State Provider. A more detailed explanation about the session state management system of Telerik Reporting can be found here: Session State Management.

      You are correct that the Database Session State Provider uses Telerik OpenAccess internally, however installing OpenAccess is not strictly required, since the Telerik.Reporting.DatabaseSession assembly contains a stripped-down version of the OpenAccess database engine embedded directly into it, and the references to the OpenAccess assemblies are resolved dynamically at runtime. This also explains why  you receive compile-time errors when you add a reference to Telerik.Reporting.DatabaseSession in your project and you do not have OpenAccess installed.

    Regards,
    Ivan
    the Telerik team

    NEW and UPDATED OpenAccess ORM Resources. Check them out!

  6. Berrabah
    Berrabah avatar
    37 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2012

    Posted 27 May 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Ivan,
    I have the same problem,so where should I find the line <Import Condition="Exists('$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\OpenAccess.targets')" Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\OpenAccess.targets" />
    to delete,
    I attache a VB library that contient the telerik reporting according to my site web but I DONT USE TELERIK.OPENACCESS !!!
    Thank you
  7. Zoran
    Admin
    Zoran avatar
    534 posts

    Posted 30 May 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Berrabah,

     I am not sure I completely understood you question? Are you using Telerik Reporting and not OpenAccess. If that is the case, then please just remove the reference in your project to the Telerik.Reporting.DatabaseSession.dll. Otherwise, I would like to have more detailed information about your project setup so we can find the actual cause for your problem.

    All the best,
    Zoran
    the Telerik team
    Follow @OpenAccessORM Twitter channel to be the first one to get the latest updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs!
  8. Berrabah
    Berrabah avatar
    37 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2012

    Posted 31 May 2012 Link to this post

    hi  Zoran and thank you for your help,
    I have solved the problem, I have deleted the old reporting library and replace itt by an other new one and that work
    Thank's TELERIK Masters
Back to Top
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017