This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Copy-Paste Issue

1 Answer 73 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Phani
Top achievements
Rank 1
Phani asked on 03 Aug 2007, 01:56 AM
Hi, I am facing a major issue with copy paste from external sites in RADEditor - Full Version.

When we tried to copy the text copied from any external site for e.x. BBC.Co.uk, ABC.com.au, www.antara.co.id , in RADEditor the text is getting pasted with default font (Times New Roman - Size 3). It is not pasting with the font styles applied in the external site.

But If I copy the text into word and paste it in RADEditor, I am getting the same styles as in External Site.

As our client always use the external site content to paste in RADEditor. I would appreciate if you help me resolve this issue.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2007, 11:21 AM
Hello Phani,

I think that the problem is related to CSS styles. The external sites all use CSS files to define custom styles, which are then applied to the text. For example:

<div class="ArialHeading">text</div>

When you copy the above HTML content and paste it directly in the editor, it will not be changed. However, your MOSS site does not have the exact same CSS as the external site (in this case the ArialHeading class). This means that the text will lose its formatting, because it is stored in the CSS file.

On the other hand, when you copy the content into MS word, it converts it from HTML to its own format and in the process, retrieves the CSS files from the external site. Once the text is converted, it is no longer HTML and the styles are not in an external file. Therefore if you paste the word content in the editor, you will not lose anything since there are no CSS files anymore.

If your client uses only a handful of external sites, then you can get their CSS files and include them to your MOSS site. This way you will have the same classes and you will be able to copy HTML into the editor with all formatting preserved.

All the best,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Phani
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini