This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Convert Crystal Report with Report Designer

2 Answers 213 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Insad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Insad asked on 13 May 2013, 03:31 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to convert a Crystal Report report to a Telerik Report using the Telerik Report Designer?

If so, how?
If not, can I put it on the feature request list? :)

I have tried to convert several Crystal Report files by adding then onto a page, but this way I cant seem to convert it to a TRDX file..
And since we need to check them all by hand using the Report Designer it would be a very neat feature in the Report Designer.

Insad

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Insad
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 May 2013, 07:17 AM
I'm sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum..
My deepest apologies :(

Insad
IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 16 May 2013, 02:52 PM
Hi Gerard,

Please check the respective help article regarding the Crystal reports conversions. In general the converters are just a helper utility that were created out of a good will to save some time. However we can recommend you to create your reports from scratch. You will get to know Telerik Reporting better and you will have finer control over the produced output. Additionally please note that there are some parts (items/sections) that do not have analog at our end and vice versa, which means that you will have to fix those reports manually.

It is not in our current plans to include such a converter in the Report Designer.

Regards,
IvanY
the Telerik team

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013? You can get them from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Insad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Insad
Top achievements
Rank 2
IvanY
Telerik team